Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Too soft on whites: Is mugabe right about Mandela?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Too soft on whites: Is mugabe right about Mandela?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 11:39am
excuse the typos i'll edit that when i get back,

cocoa can also shed some light on this i'll send her a pm when i get back
Sponsored Links

sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 11:59am
I don't know about you but my father & mother both got their education before Mugabe's rule. So did other family members & family friends. They all wrote Oxford & Cambridge exams etc

Mugabe at the beginning was good which is why I said his rein was short lived & not crap all together. He made sure there were hospitals in the poor areas as well as schools etc. which explains the increase in the educated.

But prior to 1980 people where still educated & at very high standards.

Edited by sistagal - May 27 2013 at 11:59am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:10pm
so when it comes to SA and whites not being held accountable, is it because the whites in SA were not as vulnerable to land redistribution, not being primarily agrarian like the whites in zimbabwe?

i mean you take someone's land and they have no way to make a living, but the whites in SA have stacked all that mineral wealth and are living off interest at this point. what can you really do unless you're seizing bank accounts?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:15pm
Zimsec is how old?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:19pm
I find mugabes comments ironic melikey.

He was mandelas appointed counsel.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I find mugabes comments ironic melikey.

He was mandelas appointed counsel.

wow, didn't know that!

i just think maybe he's bitter about Mandela's legacy vs. his own. he started off with noble intentions then things went left... it's a shame really. 
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:27pm
Basically what happened in SA is this. The Dutch settled in SA in the 18th century. They're who we now know as afrikaaners. They formed their own life, culture & language & therefore race in SA.

Then the British came & took over government. Then black Africans where doing much better than the Afrikaners. The Afrikaners where dirt poor whilst the blacks owned businesses & had nice stuff.

They didn't like that & gradually took over government & ended up bringing in apartheid so that the whites benefited more.

In order to overthrow apartheid there had to be an agreement with the ruling party & even though apartheid was ended the government remained predominantly Afrikaners. The British where also still there & blacks where gradually brought in through the black economic empowerment (BEE) movements etc. So in terms of overthrowing whites they didn't have as much of an opportunity to do that. Seeing as Afrikaners claws are deep into South Africa more than British claws & wormed their way into its control in a way that they empowered each other so that no white person was ever more poor than a black African which is why they pretty much still live good. Although some have to unfortunately earn their money by working like the rest of us...

Unfortunately what the BEE has already been accused of is people empowering themselves only & not everyone. If that ever happens then maybe white rule might be overthrown in SA. But I doubt it.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Basically what happened in SA is this. The Dutch settled in SA in the 18th century. They're who we now know as afrikaaners. They formed their own life, culture & language & therefore race in SA.

Then the British came & took over government. Then black Africans where doing much better than the Afrikaners. The Afrikaners where dirt poor whilst the blacks owned businesses & had nice stuff.

They didn't like that & gradually took over government & ended up bringing in apartheid so that the whites benefited more.

In order to overthrow apartheid there had to be an agreement with the ruling party & even though apartheid was ended the government remained predominantly Afrikaners. The British where also still there & blacks where gradually brought in through the black economic empowerment (BEE) movements etc. So in terms of overthrowing whites they didn't have as much of an opportunity to do that. Seeing as Afrikaners claws are deep into South Africa more than British claws & wormed their way into its control in a way that they empowered each other so that no white person was ever more poor than a black African which is why they pretty much still live good. Although some have to unfortunately earn their money by working like the rest of us...

Unfortunately what the BEE has already been accused of is people empowering themselves only & not everyone. If that ever happens then maybe white rule might be overthrown in SA. But I doubt it.

so sad that this happens time and time againCry

whites from 2 different countries, languages, and backgrounds came together an formed a systematic system of oppression of the native population, but people who share a common history are all to often distracted by greed to do anything about it. 
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 4:12pm
@melikey I agree. I don't know what it is about us sometimes. Maybe we've suffered too much oppression that when we make it we get greedy just in case tomorrow we wake up & it's different. Because you see it even with people who are related. They make it & find it hard to bring in their own blood.
Angelified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

mugabe's plan was ruined by corruption. 
he took away farms from whites and instead of giving the farms to actual farmers he gave it to the politically connected. 

i am no expert on south africa but from everything i've seen i think whites were not let off scott free for what they did.

I completely agree with you!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style