FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Too sexy to take her council seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too sexy to take her council seat
    Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:11pm

Nina Siakhali Moradi Banned From Iran Local Council For Looking Like A ‘Catwalk Model’; Naomi Campbell Beware

moradi

Nina Siakhali Moradi (27), A government councilwoman, has been banned from public office in Iran.

She received more than 10,000 votes in the election held last June, and won a council seat in the Qazvin city council, according to a report in The Times of London.

Immediately, religious conservatives protested her looks, with one official describing her as a “catwalk model.”

Moradi was pictured wearing a hijab in campaign posters; this covered her hair, but she didn’t wear a face veil. Her hands are also shown.

Her campaign slogan was “Young ideas for a young future.” She pushed for more women’s rights in Qazvin and greater youth involvement in city politics.

However, various religious groups wrote to Qazvin’s governor and called the posters “vulgar and anti-religious,” saying they breached Islamic law.

A senior official in Qazvin told local reporters, “We don’t want a catwalk model on the council.”

Nina Siakhali Moradi was ultimately disqualified from office for failing to observe Islamic norms.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 19 2013 at 4:12pm
Sponsored Links

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:14pm
but...
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:15pm
Lawd.....some antiquated ideas....I'm sticking with it. She is wearing the hijab head covering....I suppose she can only serve is she looked like Quasimoto eh? Or would she still be branded as contrary to their religion. They are just miffed that she is pushing for more rights for women. Bastids.....
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

but...

this, lol.

I'd hate to see what their average women look like.

#noshade
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:56pm
You have to put this in prospective as to were she is and the customs of the land were women are to be covered head to toe (if i am correct) So her dressing this way to them would seem provocative and nontraditional. Regardless their reason for not wanting her on the seat has more with her being a woman and pushing for the rights of women in her country and not so much about her looks. I think calling her a "catwalk model" was just an attempt to insult her intelligence.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:26pm
I didn't know that the hijab was new fashioned or unacceptable

thought it was more a matter of (from a piety standpoint)

burqua is ideal but a hijab was ok

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:30pm
I agree they'd still have something to say or have a reason for her not to hold her seat

even if she was wearing a burqua

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

but...

this, lol.

I'd hate to see what their average women look like.

#noshade

+1
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:07am
so you have to be ugly to be successful in arab countries? ok.

*packs bags*
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:21am
I thought that was the....handsome...Kardashian chick at 1st.

Edited by FarraFace - Aug 20 2013 at 2:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic