BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Too old to be introverted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:32pm
I couldn't do the simple life for long stretches of time. I enjoyed 2 ski trips though but it wasn't exactly secluded. I like my comforts.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 22 2014 at 2:32pm
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:35pm
Actually that's something I've noticed AA. Black Americans (and others but I guess we're only talking about AAs right now) seem to often be extremely confident from my observation. I don't think I've ever been judged for not being that outgoing though. At least not that I know of.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:38pm
I'd love to live on a deserted island w/ the hub. I'd need it to be modern(wired for tech) and plush, but just us 2.

I'm an extrovert.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Actually that's something I've noticed AA. Black Americans (and others but I guess we're only talking about AAs right now) seem to often be extremely confident from my observation. I don't think I've ever been judged for not being that outgoing though. At least not that I know of.

I tend to make an effort to seem more outwardly outgoing than I really am in the States. Because if I don't, I come off as uppity.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I always knew I was a "weird" (Black) person because I dream of leaving everyone I know and settling in the backwoods of Colorado just living the simple life...

*sigh* i wish

Quit stealing my dreams

As being a black man, black people usually have an aversion to introversion, shyness, anxiety, and etc that deals not being comfortable or even desire to being amongst people. The males get it worst and you they think you are weak and have no drive. Even called weird and not seem as attractive. But as I grew older I noticed me being a observer and understanding situations being far from them have me perspectives that people respect except for family . And I'm usually always right and it even freaks people out. So i say there positives.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Jun 22 2014 at 2:49pm
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I'm introverted but not slow. I can live in the world and handle business lol

Right! I'm introverted but I speak up for myself real quick and I definitely don't let people run over me and alot of times I am the life of the party. No one intimidates me. Sometimes I just like being alone with my thoughts and I like my privacy. I think they are describing social anxiety.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 3:34pm
Yeah, thanked Alias with the confusing post. Those terms aren't synonyms.

I love being introverted. It does only mean that you get your energy from self-time. I always take time out of my day to recharge. And even though too many people at one time can be draining, I enjoy talking to people and learning about them. Just one person at a time though lol
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 4:30pm

people really do not understand psychology yet write it off like it is common sense

like others said the author doesn't really know what she is describing
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 4:38pm
im introverted 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 4:52pm
I hate it when people confuse introversion with social awkwardness/anxiety/shyness

...I'm definitely introverted--I like my own company cos people can be so draining it's unbelievable

...I draw a lot of strength and energy from solitudeHeart 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style