BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too old to be introverted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:11pm
I absolutely agree JP

Black people look at you like you're an alien if you're not extroverted AND outgoing. You're either a weirdo or you have an attitude. God forbid yo lightskint too LOL

I think these personality types are much more accepted or tolerated in Asian cultures

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jun 22 2014 at 2:11pm
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:18pm
I consider myself a "functioning introvert", I can work & do things in public when I have to, but will gladly trade that for a secluded cabin in the mountains in a heartbeat. In my off times, being secluded at home actually recharges my "batteries". Being around people all the time with no breaks drains me.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I absolutely agree JP

Black people look at you like you're an alien if you're not extroverted AND outgoing. You're either a weirdo or you have an attitude. God forbid yo lightskint too LOL

I think these personality types are much more accepted or tolerated in Asian cultures

I guess you have to be Janet to get a pass
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Introverted simply means you gain your energy from being by yourself
Extroverts gain energy from being around other people

Shyness =/= introversion
Anxiety =/= introversion
Immaturity =/= introversion

Gotcha. I still have the perception that shy people have it hard in the AA community, as if you are expected to project confidence at all times. Some cultures seem more tolerant of shyness, at least in women. Again, it's just my perception.

That could be because opportunities don't just fall into our laps (or as easily/frequently). Generally, we have to aggressively pursue them.   That's my perception.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Introverted simply means you gain your energy from being by yourself
Extroverts gain energy from being around other people

Shyness =/= introversion
Anxiety =/= introversion
Immaturity =/= introversion

Gotcha. I still have the perception that shy people have it hard in the AA community, as if you are expected to project confidence at all times. Some cultures seem more tolerant of shyness, at least in women. Again, it's just my perception.

That could be because opportunities don't just fall into our laps (or as easily/frequently). Generally, we have to aggressively pursue them.   That's my perception.

I don't know. I'm comparing it to French Caribbean culture and it seems like we are more accepting of shyness as a personality trait. I guess it's something I noticed with in-laws...
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:21pm
well in that case...

I'm both introverted and extroverted...

I get my energy from being around people sometimes...but at other times I must have my distance...

I need a healthy balance...
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:22pm
omg that sounds amazing

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

I consider myself a "functioning introvert", I can work & do things in public when I have to, but will gladly trade that for a secluded cabin in the mountains in a heartbeat. In my off times, being secluded at home actually recharges my "batteries". Being around people all the time with no breaks drains me.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:24pm
I always knew I was a "weird" (Black) person because I dream of leaving everyone I know and settling in the backwoods of Colorado just living the simple life...

*sigh* i wish
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:25pm

omg that sounds amazing

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

*drools* Big smileLOL
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 2:29pm
there are many black people living the simple life... when people say they're "country" that's the life they mean

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic