Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too hot for church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Exactly. Because that is written directly in the bible. Your opinion on whether her dress is appropriate or not comes directly from your own perceptions of what is acceptable/not acceptable in the Lords house.

There is a difference.

The bible says modest apparel.. that is not modest...

I mean, we can break out the KJV and start quoting exactly what it says and see what all applies to not only madam in OP, but you and me.

The bible says a lot of things about how a woman presents themselves.

I honestly want to know how much of it you abide by, no shade. I actually like having this debate with you.
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:04pm
&& we all know modesty is a subjective word TBH. Word to the Middle East.

Edited by danieb23 - Dec 14 2013 at 7:05pm
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:05pm
He saw the best in me. When everyone else around me could only see the worst in me. I said he saw the best.
I said what did he see.. the best
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by gemini1591 gemini1591 wrote:

I think its ok to call out other christians on their actions if its coming from a place of genuine love and concern. Too many people are so ready to judge and criticize not b/c they care but cause they just wanna speak on what's wrong with others while ignoring their own issues and faults.

Just my two cents as a believer.

This. I get the feeling that people are judging out of something other than love.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Technically you should be veiled without jewelry, rouge, flashy hair styling, and expensive clothing....

No photo but this is stated.....
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:14pm
I had a conversation with my grandma about not eating pork and I swear she said the most disrespectful vile thing to me (not worth repeating)Ouch. And she's a Jehovah's witness at that.
At the end of the day, people just don't like being corrected or called out. Christ and his followers kept the laws and walked upright but that ain't stop a single nicca from catching feelings when being called out; even by those who were deemed as perfect/holy.

The scriptures says that "open rebuke is better than secret love." The scriptures also say that "he that justifieth the wicked and he that condemns the just, even them both are an abomination to the Most High".
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:14pm
The preacher looks more sexed up than the lady in the white dress to me. The amount of makeup she has on looks comparable to a drag queen.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

The preacher looks more sexed up than the lady in the white dress to me. The amount of makeup she has on looks comparable to a drag queen.

I think more effort went in to the preacher look than the look in the OP......
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Exactly. Because that is written directly in the bible. Your opinion on whether her dress is appropriate or not comes directly from your own perceptions of what is acceptable/not acceptable in the Lords house.

There is a difference.

The bible says modest apparel.. that is not modest...

I mean, we can break out the KJV and start quoting exactly what it says and see what all applies to not only madam in OP, but you and me.

The bible says a lot of things about how a woman presents themselves.

I honestly want to know how much of it you abide by, no shade. I actually like having this debate with you.

Trust and believe I am not saint..
But I do follow the word of God..
Im still on a journey.. I debate with what things to follow .. sum ish is confusing/debatable.. and that's okay..
Do i wear tight ish.. Yes mam and i would lying as if i don't feel sexual/sexy in certain outfits.
However i am not one that just hopped off some d...
I aint stealing , killing ....
I follow what i understand and what i don't understand I ask for the spirit of discernment so God can personally show me what's right and wrong for me ..
I do fall though.. and i admit it ask for deliverance and give all to GodSmile
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Church. Throwing stones from a glass house
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System