Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too hot for church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by gemini1591 gemini1591 wrote:

I think its ok to call out other christians on their actions if its coming from a place of genuine love and concern. Too many people are so ready to judge and criticize not b/c they care but cause they just wanna speak on what's wrong with others while ignoring their own issues and faults.

Just my two cents as a believer.

If by call out you mean speaking with the person and not actually "calling them out" I actually agree. However, it's sad to say that the latter often occurs more than the former from my experience.

Edited by danieb23 - Dec 14 2013 at 6:39pm
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by Random 
Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Whether is appropriate or not isn't the point.

Why is it not the point? Christians can't discuss what's appropriate or inappropriate?

Y'all can talk about whatever you want. The "appropriateness" of her attire was not the reason for my statement, so no it isn't the point I'm making.

This discussion evolved into saying that by wearing this dress, she's disrespectful to God and that, that this outfit is distracting to men whom can't seem to not be horny unless she's wearing a trashbag

We all do things to disappoint God. Why throw stones at her house when yours (not you) is also mad of glass?

smh..
Danie this is not a non-believer that we are talking about...
YES everyone sins does that mean you should sit silent when your fellow brethren sins?
the question : Too sexy for church? reply: yes too tight, shouldn't be able to see your shape like that on a gospel album..
This is BHM ish doesn't stay on topic and even when it does people expand on their beliefs..

It's not even that. She is fully covered, but honestly I myself would not wear that to church.

My issue was with where that questioned evolved to. Chicks on here we're acting like the lady was a Jezebel/ heathen because she wore a too tight dress. Since when is it ok for people to question another persons dedication to God?
Yes I feel you should sit silent when your fellow brethren sin. Why are my sins against God not anyone's business but my own and the Lords? Do you get called out for your sins?

As Christians we all strive to be Christlike, however, there is only one Christ and as per the bible he is the only one fit to make a judgment like that.

Inappropriate? Ehh. Would I wear it? Not at all. She's a heathen for it? B.S.

I think the difference is that she is representing her ministry in a very public fashion, as opposed to another person doing something "wrong" behind closed doors. The album cover is a public image she is putting out there for her ministry work. Ministry work that potentially reaches millions of people. 
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Who called this lady a Heathen?

The preacher didn't even say that.
She said her state of dress was not ok...

Keywords being "acting like"
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:40pm
That comment wasn't all she said tho....she has a FB and a YT.....And lets not forget Twitter......
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:42pm

Naw you're post on the previous page said" She's a heathen? BS"

Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:43pm

you don't have to call her out for her actions that affect her relationship with God. That is HER business. More Christians need to count their own sins/indiscretions and stop worrying about the next person.

This is coming from a DEDICATED Christian.

lol okay...
True/Dedicated Christians need to stop leading people astray..
Be separate from the world.. Stop saying things are okay.. just because you think so...or to make people feel comfortable.
Yes Christians should be concern with their own walk but should also help there sisters/brothers in their walk aswell.

I disagree. It's not my place to tell a person what they are doing right/wrong in their relationship with God. Me saying I don't see the big deal about the outfit does not equate leading people astray. This has nothing to do with her outfit, and everything to do with what other people FEEL about what she is wearing.

You can help people out in other ways. It doesn't involve making them feel bad about a lapse in judgment

A TRUE Christian is here to guide...not criticize.

Doesn't the holy spirit dwell within you?....
Don't you have the spirit of discernment?
People are not judging the person , they are judging the persons actions/sins...

Sins correlate directly with who we are as a person. You lie, your a liar. You steal, your a thief. So to judge her sins is to judge her.

I'm not gonna sit and act like I don't judge people, everyone does. But you'll never catch me trying to justify it. Especially as a bible reading Christian. That too can be considered a sin.

If you say so..
IF you are delivered from a sin .. why would that still be who you ARE....?
you are using the term judge as if it's a bad thing... if my girl is sexing multiple dudes and i say girl you know the Lord don't approve of your fornicating ways.. they don't see that as me judging them..
I am telling them what is right or wrong according to the WORD.
not according to my own standards.
gemini1591 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemini1591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:44pm

Originally posted by gemini1591 gemini1591 wrote:

I think its ok to call out other christians on their actions if its coming from a place of genuine love and concern. Too many people are so ready to judge and criticize not b/c they care but cause they just wanna speak on what's wrong with others while ignoring their own issues and faults.

Just my two cents as a believer.

If by call out you mean speaking with the person and not actually "calling them out" I actually agree. However, it's sad to say that the latter often occurs more than the former from my experience.

Yeah I mean speak with them about it. I've had older women in the church pull me to the side and talk to me and I've had some who were really coming from a place of love and some who were just acting holier than thou
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:45pm

Naw you're post on the previous page said" She's a heathen? BS"

Once again, keyword being "acting like." That statement tied directly into the sentence where I mentioned it before and said "chick are acting like"
If I said someone called her a heathen, I would have actually wrote that.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:47pm

you don't have to call her out for her actions that affect her relationship with God. That is HER business. More Christians need to count their own sins/indiscretions and stop worrying about the next person.

This is coming from a DEDICATED Christian.

lol okay...
True/Dedicated Christians need to stop leading people astray..
Be separate from the world.. Stop saying things are okay.. just because you think so...or to make people feel comfortable.
Yes Christians should be concern with their own walk but should also help there sisters/brothers in their walk aswell.

I disagree. It's not my place to tell a person what they are doing right/wrong in their relationship with God. Me saying I don't see the big deal about the outfit does not equate leading people astray. This has nothing to do with her outfit, and everything to do with what other people FEEL about what she is wearing.

You can help people out in other ways. It doesn't involve making them feel bad about a lapse in judgment

A TRUE Christian is here to guide...not criticize.

Doesn't the holy spirit dwell within you?....
Don't you have the spirit of discernment?
People are not judging the person , they are judging the persons actions/sins...

Sins correlate directly with who we are as a person. You lie, your a liar. You steal, your a thief. So to judge her sins is to judge her.

I'm not gonna sit and act like I don't judge people, everyone does. But you'll never catch me trying to justify it. Especially as a bible reading Christian. That too can be considered a sin.

If you say so..
IF you are delivered from a sin .. why would that still be who you ARE....?
you are using the term judge as if it's a bad thing... if my girl is sexing multiple dudes and i say girl you know the Lord don't approve of your fornicating ways.. they don't see that as me judging them..
I am telling them what is right or wrong according to the WORD.
not according to my own standards.

Exactly. Because that is written directly in the bible. Your opinion on whether her dress is appropriate or not comes directly from your own perceptions of what is acceptable/not acceptable in the Lords house.

There is a difference.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:47pm
Hmmms and nods

You didn't include acting like but them the key words...

Well ok
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System