Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too hot for church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Whether is appropriate or not isn't the point.

you don't have to call her out for her actions that affect her relationship with God. That is HER business. More Christians need to count their own sins/indiscretions and stop worrying about the next person.

This is coming from a DEDICATED Christian.

lol okay...
True/Dedicated Christians need to stop leading people astray..
Be separate from the world.. Stop saying things are okay.. just because you think so...or to make people feel comfortable.
Yes Christians should be concern with their own walk but should also help there sisters/brothers in their walk aswell.

I disagree. It's not my place to tell a person what they are doing right/wrong in their relationship with God. Me saying I don't see the big deal about the outfit does not equate leading people astray. This has nothing to do with her outfit, and everything to do with what other people FEEL about what she is wearing.

You can help people out in other ways. It doesn't involve making them feel bad about a lapse in judgment

A TRUE Christian is here to guide...not criticize.

Edited by danieb23 - Dec 14 2013 at 6:26pm
Sponsored Links

Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Why is it not the point? Christians can't discuss what's appropriate or inappropriate?

Y'all can talk about whatever you want. The "appropriateness" of her attire was not the reason for my statement, so no it isn't the point I'm making.

This discussion evolved into saying that by wearing this dress, she's disrespectful to God and that, that this outfit is distracting to men whom can't seem to not be horny unless she's wearing a trashbag

We all do things to disappoint God. Why throw stones at her house when yours (not you) is also mad of glass?

smh..
Danie this is not a non-believer that we are talking about...
YES everyone sins does that mean you should sit silent when your fellow brethren sins?
the question : Too sexy for church? reply: yes too tight, shouldn't be able to see your shape like that on a gospel album..
This is BHM ish doesn't stay on topic and even when it does people expand on their beliefs..

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:27pm
What exactly is a true Christian?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:27pm
That Pastor didn't say a thing tat was out of the way or demeaning.

“THIS IS NOT OKAY. Yes, you are a beautiful, curvy woman…but NO MA’AM YOU ARE SINGING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. Saints…smh COME ON.”

She could have chilled out on the Caps locked key though

Edited by jonesable - Dec 14 2013 at 6:29pm
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:28pm

What exactly is a true Christian?

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:33pm

Why is it not the point? Christians can't discuss what's appropriate or inappropriate?

Y'all can talk about whatever you want. The "appropriateness" of her attire was not the reason for my statement, so no it isn't the point I'm making.

This discussion evolved into saying that by wearing this dress, she's disrespectful to God and that, that this outfit is distracting to men whom can't seem to not be horny unless she's wearing a trashbag

We all do things to disappoint God. Why throw stones at her house when yours (not you) is also mad of glass?

smh..
Danie this is not a non-believer that we are talking about...
YES everyone sins does that mean you should sit silent when your fellow brethren sins?
the question : Too sexy for church? reply: yes too tight, shouldn't be able to see your shape like that on a gospel album..
This is BHM ish doesn't stay on topic and even when it does people expand on their beliefs..

It's not even that. She is fully covered, but honestly I myself would not wear that to church.

My issue was with where that questioned evolved to. Chicks on here we're acting like the lady was a Jezebel/ heathen because she wore a too tight dress. Since when is it ok for people to question another persons dedication to God?
Yes I feel you should sit silent when your fellow brethren sin. Why are my sins against God not anyone's business but my own and the Lords? Do you get called out for your sins?

As Christians we all strive to be Christlike, however, there is only one Christ and as per the bible he is the only one fit to make a judgment like that.

Inappropriate? Ehh. Would I wear it? Not at all. She's a heathen for it? B.S.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:33pm

you don't have to call her out for her actions that affect her relationship with God. That is HER business. More Christians need to count their own sins/indiscretions and stop worrying about the next person.

lol okay...
Be separate from the world.. Stop saying things are okay.. just because you think so...or to make people feel comfortable.
Yes Christians should be concern with their own walk but should also help there sisters/brothers in their walk aswell.

I disagree. It's not my place to tell a person what they are doing right/wrong in their relationship with God. Me saying I don't see the big deal about the outfit does not equate leading people astray. This has nothing to do with her outfit, and everything to do with what other people FEEL about what she is wearing.

You can help people out in other ways. It doesn't involve making them feel bad about a lapse in judgment

Doesn't the holy spirit dwell within you?....
Don't you have the spirit of discernment?
People are not judging the person , they are judging the persons actions/sins...
gemini1591 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote gemini1591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:35pm
I think its ok to call out other christians on their actions if its coming from a place of genuine love and concern. Too many people are so ready to judge and criticize not b/c they care but cause they just wanna speak on what's wrong with others while ignoring their own issues and faults.

Just my two cents as a believer.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:36pm

lol okay...

Doesn't the holy spirit dwell within you?....
Don't you have the spirit of discernment?
People are not judging the person , they are judging the persons actions/sins...

Sins correlate directly with who we are as a person. You lie, your a liar. You steal, your a thief. So to judge her sins is to judge her.

I'm not gonna sit and act like I don't judge people, everyone does. But you'll never catch me trying to justify it. Especially as a bible reading Christian. That too can be considered a sin.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:36pm
Who called this lady a Heathen?

The preacher didn't even say that.
She said her state of dress was not ok...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
  Share Topic