Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Too hot for church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I think past quotes from said Christians should come into okay......

And why is that?
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:06pm
Cause it's BHM and it's messy.

Something to hide Sister Alibis?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:07pm

Not at all. But if you uncovered anything about anyone else it wouldn't be relevant. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:08pm

meh to this whole thread ...

she has a nice body though Clap
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Not at all. But if you uncovered anything about anyone else it wouldn't be relevant. 

Oh it would def be relevant......
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:14pm
Just for fun, I'll post some other gospel album covers from female artist. Too secular for gospel has been an ongoing debate in the black church for a long time. I remember growing up and there being a debate about some of Trinity 5:7's music.

Mary Mary has been battling with that for years too. It's funny, if you look at the progression of album covers from many of the female artist, they start off conservative in either the way they dress or just face shots (likely to get the acceptance of the church going fanbase) and then get sexier over the years with more images of their body, more fashionable clothes choices,  or sexier poses. Cee Cee has stayed relatively conservative for 20 plus years. I wonder if it has something to do with her coming from a family of gospel artist.

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

And she is wearing it for an album cover not church. I have done photoshoots and I wear clothes that i wouldnt normally wear out. Its just for that wow factor in your photos. 

I think that is supposed to be the point. Should there be a sexy "wow factor" for the album cover of gospel music.

Its not that sexy to me. The dress is plain and its past her knees. Its her body shape. She would look voluptuous in just about anything. I don't even get the impression that sexy is the look she was going for. Yulonda adams dress look just about the same but she is really slender so its not as "pow!" 

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:15pm
Those are not in order, btw. Thought about doing it but would take too much effort.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:17pm
If I can't wear it to the office, then it has no place in church or representing anything related.

You have to ask, what is she selling?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Oh it would def be relevant......  

Actually, it wouldn't. The question presented was, "Is what she is wearing inappropriate for church (and the cover of a gospel album)?" And according to scripture, it is not. It doesn't matter if I just killed someone, I still know the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill" if that's the question at hand. 

That's like if I eat a big, greasy hamburger that doesn't mean I think it's healthy. If I know sucking and f*cking is a sin and still choose to do it that doesn't make it any less wrong. But at the same time I would be wrong if I lied to someone and told them f*cking and sucking was no big deal. And the Bible says it's better to die than to cause an innocent to stumble.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 26>
  Share Topic