Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too hot for church?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

RR, you're arguing about whether it's appropriate or not.  she's on the cover of an album...Yolanda Adams has worn something similar on an album cover...i doubt people cared much.

what's the difference here?

oh! oh! I know I know! LOL

Was that a rhetorical question?   
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

LoL @ people who are not Christians, and don't read the Bible having something to say about this...

girl, go somewhere with that sh*t.  i USED to be one and have gone to church hundreds of times.  tf does that even mean...do you only comment on things directly pertaining to YOU?  doubtful.  it's petty to worry about.  she's not exposing anything.

If you don't subscribe to the religion then what are you even basing your opinion on? It's written plainly in the Bible how persons should carry themselves in church and that's all that matters. The woman is a Christian and should strive to conduct herself as such. It means nothing that a person on the outside who could care less about Christian values thinks it's okay.

i'm basing it on my opinion, which is all in my mind, the same as any interpretation of religion is...in your mind.  there is not one way to feel about whats written, because if that were the case then...

my pastor always said come as you are, no money for stockings, come, no money for a tie, come, no money for church appropriate clothing, still come.  this isn't a matter of money with her but it's still a distraction from far more pressing things.  it doesn't matter what you people on the "inside" think either b/c she thought about it, she did it.  and i bet she feels fine about it and the Lord couldnt care less.

Umm that's where you're wrong. Also there is a difference from someone coming to church to hear the word for the first time or still learning how it goes. She knew better and had all the time and money she needed on hand to dress in a way that reflected positively on the Lord but instead she chose to draw attention to herself. That's why this can't be brushed off as "come as you are".

If you don't respect the church or the Bible then you really shouldn't be giving anyone advice on how to conduct themselves therein. That's like the other guy's lawyer giving you advice. It's a conflict of interest. Who knows, you might like to see people going to church stirring up drama. 

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:26pm
lol i truly wanna know.  whatever, im going to get some pizza.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:29pm

LoL @ people who are not Christians, and don't read the Bible having something to say about this...

girl, go somewhere with that sh*t.  i USED to be one and have gone to church hundreds of times.  tf does that even mean...do you only comment on things directly pertaining to YOU?  doubtful.  it's petty to worry about.  she's not exposing anything.

If you don't subscribe to the religion then what are you even basing your opinion on? It's written plainly in the Bible how persons should carry themselves in church and that's all that matters. The woman is a Christian and should strive to conduct herself as such. It means nothing that a person on the outside who could care less about Christian values thinks it's okay.

i'm basing it on my opinion, which is all in my mind, the same as any interpretation of religion is...in your mind.  there is not one way to feel about whats written, because if that were the case then...

my pastor always said come as you are, no money for stockings, come, no money for a tie, come, no money for church appropriate clothing, still come.  this isn't a matter of money with her but it's still a distraction from far more pressing things.  it doesn't matter what you people on the "inside" think either b/c she thought about it, she did it.  and i bet she feels fine about it and the Lord couldnt care less.

Umm that's where you're wrong. Also there is a difference from someone coming to church to hear the word for the first time or still learning how it goes. She knew better and had all the time and money she needed on hand to dress in a way that reflected positively on the Lord but instead she chose to draw attention to herself. That's why this can't be brushed off as "come as you are".

If you don't respect the church or the Bible then you really shouldn't be giving anyone advice on how to conduct themselves therein. That's like the other guy's lawyer giving you advice. It's a conflict of interest. Who knows, you might like to see people going to church stirring up drama. 

1st bolded...did he tell you this?
2nd bolded...you're not a saint yourself, so who are you to tell anyone anything about how they choose to conduct themselves?  not hurting any damn body.  you might as well throw on a burka.  hide it all.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:29pm
"come as you are" ain't even in the scriptures -_______-

That was the church's way to get as many attendees as humanly possible to A: feed the masses lies and get them drunk off of vain philosophies outside the scriptures, B: rack up on tithe money. 

patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:29pm
LOL, Ms_Wonderland can you get me a medium works please?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

That was the church's way to get as many attendees as humanly possible to A: feed the masses lies and get them drunk off of vain philosophies outside the scriptures, B: rack up on tithe money. 

doesn't matter whether it's in the scripture or not, the point is creating a judgment free zone.  something a lot of religious people need to learn.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:30pm

I kinda agree with come as you are to a certain degree as far as getting the word out and being able to reach certain populations and help people feel encouraged in learning about God. But this woman (whoever she is) is supposed to be a member of the church and is already educated. SHE KNOWS BETTER. And I do agree that churches put out and put up with all sorts of tomfoolery to get money and keep their membership high.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:33pm

doesn't matter whether it's in the scripture or not, the point is creating a judgment free zone.  something a lot of religious people need to learn.

*These statements are solely the opinion of ms_wonderland and do not reflect the tenets of Christianity or any other particular religion.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:34pm

1st bolded...did he tell you this?
2nd bolded...you're not a saint yourself, so who are you to tell anyone anything about how they choose to conduct themselves?  not hurting any damn body.  you might as well throw on a burka.  hide it all.

As if you care either way.  Which is my point exactly. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>