BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Toni Braxton retiring from music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toni Braxton retiring from music
    Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:58am

News/

Toni Braxton Retiring From Music to Focus on Film Career

by Josh Grossberg Today 7:21 AM PST    

Toni BraxtonAstrid Stawiarz/Getty Images

Toni Braxton is quitting her day job.

After more than two decades in the music business, the "Breathe Again" chanteuse has announced plans to retire from recording to pursue a burgeoning career on the small and big screen.

"For what I do I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the 45-year-old Braxton told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."

The R&B star has sold over 60 million records worldwide and won six Grammy Awards. Her last batch of original material was 2010's Pulse, though in 2012 she did release the dance-pop single "I Heart You" from a yet-to-be-issued eighth studio album.

However, in recent years, she's struggled with various personal woes—from her highly publicized bankruptcy filing in 2007 and foreclosure on her Duluth, Ga. mansion, to her disclosure in 2010 that she suffers from the autoimmune disease lupus, which landed her briefly in the hospital last December with complications.

Since recovered, Braxton has been turning her attention full-time to expanding her acting resume.

Along with two stints on Broadway (playing Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast and the titular queen in Aida), appearing on the seventh season of Dancing With the Stars, and headlining her own WE TV's reality series, Braxton Family Values, the "Unbreak My Heart" crooner is eager to do more film.

After a turn opposite LL Cool J and Jada Pinkett-Smith in the 2002 flick Kingdom Come, Braxton recently landed her first lead role as a small-town Alabama gospel singer and single mom who falls for a Jewish cantor from Brooklyn in Lifetime's Twist of Faith, which premiered on Saturday and also featured her 9-year-old autistic son Diesel.

Toni Braxton can't unbreak her financial history, foreclosed hom on the auction block

The songbird told the website that she now wants to pursue more challenging parts, like playing a lesbian.

"I would like to play a lesbian," she said. "I don't know why. And do a whole make-out scene and the whole thing; just something completely different than people would expect from me. Not a lipstick lesbian, either."

Her new focus on acting, she added, was partly to get away from reality as well.

"I hate to have reality star behind my name," added Braxton, whose third season of Braxton Family Values debuts on March 14. "That's just not what I wanted to be when I grew up."

We wish you luck, Toni.

Sponsored Links

Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:00am
Yes, let's retire while your behind
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:02am
Towanda must be mad lol
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:04am
When the hell was the last time she made music to begin with?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:15am

bye.

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:15am
i think her best days were behind her anyway. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:15am
She wanna be a lesbian?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:18am
Chick been retired..
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:18am
This is like a goodbye cruel board thread

Unnecessary.

Just do it, no one's stopping you and no need to make yourself look sometimish when you inevitably change your mind 
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:19am
lol damn. toni gets no love?

my mom is going to have a fit when i tell her this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>