Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

toddler hair that won't press

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i read it. her hair is still growing out. why do you feel the need to press a 3 year olds hair? you havent even given it time to do what it needs to do before you start slapping oils and all that in it.. but ya know what...your baby head. i really dont give a care..what you do to it..but im curious about the mindset...like why does it just have to be straight? im sure you dont want her lookn like blue ivy but..LOLshes a baby...

girl YOU need to re read..i didnt say anything about a relaxer. didnt ask if her hair is naturalLOL

The relaxer part was replied to someone else.  I can tell who used to ride the short bus to school.

Sponsored Links

sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:19am
Lady Ice,

You asked, why would you do that to a 3 year old.  At that post, I did reply about natural and not being relaxed because you had not iterated that you meant heat and not relaxer.

That being said, your post still add nothing and does not answer my original post.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by sbj1104 sbj1104 wrote:

Sugabanana

Reading for Comprehension is what you need, especially for asking a question with a negative and smart alek undertone.  My child's hair is NATURAL, her hair has NEVER been relaxed.  Re-read the question because your answer, or question rather, adds nothing to the conversation and doesn't even apply.

My 3 year old used to pull her hair out AND EAT IT but has now stopped.  To get her to stop eating the hair (was causing bowel obstruction), I had to keep cutting her hair very low in the front with clippers and scissors.

Now that the hair is growing out, it is hard to braid the hair because there are still uneven, low patches and the ends in the front seem brittle and 'hard', whereas the rest of her hair is soft and normal.  I've tried all kinds of conditioners and in desperation, tried to flat iron or hot comb with low heat to help my styling options.  Her hair relaxes in the front, but what is up with the ends?  They refuse to press all the way so her hair looks crazy so I usually just section it and clip barettes or gel bands to her hair in the front.

Why I wonder, would her hair be so resistant to heat?  The rest of her hair, even the roots in the front do straighten, but barely.  It's like her tresses don't like heat.  Even when I attempt to blow dry, which has only happened twice since birth, I can't get her hair to soften and straighten slightly.  Only when wet is it 'normal'.

I use shea butter and natural oils in her hair, lots and lots of conditioner.  I shampoo only every several months.  The rest of the time I co-wash.  I only shampoo my own hair when I relax it, the rest of the time I co-wash.

OK SBJ1104 Obviously your OP does not clearly depict what you are trying to describe. Maybe you should think 2ce on how you create an OP.  I'm only going with what you wrote. Relaxed and relaxes refers to the chemical process. If you were trying to depict a flat ironed look you should've used the word straightened. You came on a hair board and asked a question and I replied. There was nothing negative about what I asked. The baby is 3 for goodness sakes brush her hair up into 2 ponytails and call it a day before you ruin that girls edges. Good day.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:32am

i read it. her hair is still growing out. why do you feel the need to press a 3 year olds hair? you havent even given it time to do what it needs to do before you start slapping oils and all that in it.. but ya know what...your baby head. i really dont give a care..what you do to it..but im curious about the mindset...like why does it just have to be straight? im sure you dont want her lookn like blue ivy but..LOLshes a baby...

girl YOU need to re read..i didnt say anything about a relaxer. didnt ask if her hair is naturalLOL

The relaxer part was replied to someone else.  I can tell who used to ride the short bus to school.

OP there is absolutely no need for the rude comments. Everyone is going with what you wrote and trying to help you from leaving that poor child bald.

Good bye again.
sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:39am
Sugabanana, you are not reading it in the context in which it was written.  It's ok if you didn't comprehend it the way it was written, it's not ok that you decided to get negative.

Her hair relaxes in the front.  Not a relaxer, relaxes.  As in lays down after using the flat iron or hot comb.

The later quote you blew up is referring to MY HAIR and it was in relation to shampooing.  I stated what I use in her hair and how I care for it so that other readers could help me pinpoint what may be the issue with her hair.  I simply added on that I only wash my own head after I relax it so the readers would know that sulfates aren't likely the problem, my household co-washes.  It is clear that I relax MY HAIR, not the baby's hair.

So your reply still makes no sense and reiterates the fact that you did not read the post, you read AT IT.
sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:50am

Sugabanana,

While Rude begats rude, I was not rude.  Truth hurts.  You were being nasty and you got what you gave and couldn't handle it.

You weren't going by what I wrote, you were going with what you comprehended but there was something wrong in your translation of what I wrote and your take away of it.

One other reviewer was nice and I responded in the same manner in which she responded to me.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:51am

Lady Ice,

Do what?  Her hair is natural, never been relaxed.  Please re-read the post.
yeah the one that rode the short bus is now trying to press a 3 year olds head. LOL foh.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:51am
Right.....Yet you still have no answers.
sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:59am
Further, Sugabanana, my baby is not bald.  Everyone is commenting in awe at how her hair is growing like a wild fire.  It is because I take the time to treat my child's head with the utmost care.  I use only natural oils and shea butters, I do not brush, which tears hair, I detangle properly and massage her scalp.  I avoid sulfates and parabens, etc. but it doesn't stop there.

I choose healthy foods to feed her, and splurge on things like spelt, quinoa, evaporated cane juice, raw honey, etc.  She does not know what McDonald's is, etc.  I do everything I can as a mom to be sure she is healthy, inside and out.  That includes her hair.  She was born with a bush and the only reason we had a set back is because she was pulling it out by the roots.

The heat application, as stated at least twice before, was to attempt to soften and give me more styling options because I believe it being in a bush in the front is causing it to dry out.  It needs to be in a protective style to keep her from being bald.

The forum is supposed to be discussion to get ideas and resolutions, not a place for you to bash those seeking assistance.  I dont' need your assistance.  It's not the right kind.
sbj1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbj1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:04am
Lady Ice,

Nothing wrong with pressing a child's head.  I already keep her front in puff balls but I think that's drying her hair out, ergo pressing to ergo make it long enough to plait or braid.

And yes I do have answers.  Posters can do private messages in email boxes; we've been conversing through email.

Also, I stand corrected, you didn't ride the short bus.  I'm thinking you didn't qualify to be a passenger there.  You had to work up to it by being home schooled first.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>