BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedToday I just dont Feel Like Praying

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
esparra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today I just dont Feel Like Praying
    Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 11:57am
you ever get that way?

its like im so ready for a change to come into my life that im like tired of asking for the change....its like dude you already know why do i have to ask you repeatedly....

im emotionally drained i just feel sometimes my soul is tired...its like yeah im not where i was but im definitely not where i want to be....but...holding on for that change can be so frustrating at times...

what do you do when you dont feel like praying?
Sponsored Links

comingofage03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 1:14pm
Oh goodness gracious, I was in that place for about 2 wks...:( In the mornings I get up at 5:30 and spend time with Father, usually about 45 to an hour...but the last couple wks all I had within myself was 5 mins or 15 mins and I told Him..lol. I was like Lord that's all I have. I think that when we come to the end of ourselves, we must keep praising Him. Because if we had a tangible manfestation of what we'd been praying for we would praise and give Him the glory. I think that this is what God wants to grow inside of us...Praising in our wilderness. Last night I was reading the 78 Psalm which deals with this directly...I also cross referenced Psalm 106...it says some where there that God gave them (Israel) the desires of their hearts but He sent leaness to their souls...I dont want that, I want to get the full experience of my walk with God. I dont want Him to just cut me some slack because I kept complaining and failed to see the bigger picture...Trust me I totally know how you feel. I think we will often come to this point in our walks...With shouts on the inside of us asking God "Why has He forsaken me"? Just in your lowest point talk to Him...Sometimes we allow our preconceived notions to limit out conversations with God... For example...This past Sunday was my Sunday to volunteer at church...well I didnt have any gas in my car...I was on E..lol...well behind E. So I started asking God for the gas money(because He told me months ago to be debt free) I think on Friday night...well It didnt come. So Sunday morning I got dressed and headed out the door and I am just telling God well If I run out of gas it's your fault cause I prayed for Gas...so In my lil mind I reasoned that maybe there was a check for me at my p.o. box, nope. So I keep going to the church...Then I thought well one of my brothers and sisters will be moved by the spirit and give me money to get back home with because I barely made it church :). Not naan' brother or sister handed me some cash...so after service I got in my car in tears and frustrated that God is just gonna let me run out of gas and have to walk home... So in the midst of all this, I declare to God how I "hate" people and how stupid they are...and I am just so ticked off that they didnt hear from God to give me some gas money :) Immediately a word from God came...He said baby girl, you missed the point. And I realized that It wasnt about the money...its about my faith. God got me to church and back on E..He will always provide! I totally missed the point because I was walking in carnality and not faith...also what came out of me when I was pushed...showed me what was in me. When we are pushed and kicked to the edge of our faith...Praises should come out of us and not complaints...I hope this helped...it's okay. Jesus overstands what we are dealing with down here. There is no better fitting High Priest than the LAMB.

Edited by comingofage03 - Feb 01 2008 at 8:24pm
esparra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 2:30pm
it did help thank you for sharing!
divine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 7:04pm

God bless u....I needed that too!

Godslady View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 11:48am
When i get that way i praise him anyway.I will praise him when i feel bad and when i feel good and yes i will tell him exactly how i feel and how much i hurt.When you get like that you have to walk the word and hold on to those words of truth for dear life.Remind yourself that your situation is not fact but the word is fact and speak life to yourself.David had to encourage himself and sometimes we gotta do the same we must speak out loud and say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" I am the head and not the tail","No weapon formed against me shall prosper" and then you just cry and pour your heart out to the Father.Cast your burdens on to him and remember he is strong when you are weak and he will never fail you 
MzNubian3000 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2008 at 8:14am
^^^^thank you............I know my Pastor tells us to persevere and press on, because your labor is not in vein.  That includes your living.  We dont always feel like doing what we know to do like praying, seeking God, studying the word of God, but we HAVE to do it and push even harder when we dont feel like it.....Just when we are about to give up, thats when God's moves......just press forward.....

Some Sundays I get to church and I dont feel like participating in interccessory prayer but I prepare my heart on my way and those are the best times.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic