Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

To relax or not to relax.....?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lauren. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To relax or not to relax.....?
    Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:34pm
I just got a custom coarse yaki unit from Jeffrey and the hair is much coarser than I thought it would be.
Should I just get some moisture block, crank my Hot iron on high and heat train this beast? Or buy some relaxer, and never have to worry about rainy days?

By the way I will be bleaching the hair.

Edited by Lauren. - Nov 26 2012 at 2:44pm
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:40pm
Bleach/color the hair which sometimes loosens up the texture then flatiron.
Posh Ams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Posh Ams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:40pm
I'd never recommend relaxing a unit. But relaxer AND bleach?! Recipe for disaster sugar
Lauren. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:46pm
Yes, I know it probably is.
I was just going to bleach half the unit
But now I don't know.

Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:48pm
You could run a chemical straightener through it. But then you said bleaching. That's rocky territory. Bleach it and try your flat iron method first to see how it acts . . .
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:47pm
I agree that it would be rocky territory doing both bleaching and relaxing. If you decide to bleach, try using developer only or no higher than 20 dev w/bleach, and remember to drop some oil in the bleach mixture.   Deep condition before and after bleaching.

I'm with Kiwi - bleach (maybe on a small test area at first) and flat iron to see how the hair behaves.
Lauren. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 10:46pm
Thanks ladies.
Your right, the relaxer would be overkill on the unit.
Plus, I did some quick passes with my flat iron on the hair and it straightens LIKE A DREAM!!!!

BUT, of course when I fixed one problem I had to create another!
When I bleached the knots they seeped into the roots CryCry

Alaska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:44pm
What kind of oil?
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Lauren. Lauren. wrote:

Thanks ladies.
Your right, the relaxer would be overkill on the unit.
Plus, I did some quick passes with my flat iron on the hair and it straightens LIKE A DREAM!!!!

BUT, of course when I fixed one problem I had to create another!
When I bleached the knots they seeped into the roots CryCry

I wouldn't bleach or dye it either.

Remember ... the hair is from China/India so they have to superprocess the hair to get the coarse yaki texture to begin with ... but if you come behind that and put some more chemicals on it (relaxer and dye) .. I think you will either fry it outright or it will be okay .. until you wash it and then it will turn into a fur ball. Confused

Anyway, I flat iron too - so make sure you use a Heat Protectorant so you don't damage the hair and spray a De-Humidifier on it before you leave the house. This helps the flat iron press last longer because it sucks the moisture out of your hair.

Bleaching the knots is dicy - I don't mess with it but some of the girls here do it well. It takes practice.

Edited by Becky - Dec 10 2012 at 12:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply