Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedTO ALL 4B’S WITH TEXTURIZERS...HELP ME!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
gonnagrow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TO ALL 4B’S WITH TEXTURIZERS...HELP ME!!!
    Posted: Mar 27 2006 at 7:51pm
I am really really thinking about texturizing my hair.  It has been 5mos since I did the BC.  I did color my hair in January so I honestly don't say I am a full fledge natural.  My hair type is definitely a 4b and it is 1.5 - 2 inches long. 

Now the reason I want to texturize is because my hair is like a rock.  I cannot do anything with it.  It hurts when I comb it, seriously I get a headache.  The only time I can comb it with ease is when I am washing it in the shower.  After that my hair is back to it annoying state. It does not matter what I put in my hair...I am a Product Junkie.   So I have been braiding and weaving it and of course when it is in braids the new growth feels great but once I take it out----

So I want to texturize so my hair is softer to comb.  I am just scared it will look like jheri curls(flash back to my youth) or it will get straight like a perm  I read people talking about curl definition but like I said I am just looking for soft hair not tight curls, loose curl would be nice though.  But as I was reading the only people to talk about having loose curls were  3a/3b people.  I also want to be able to get braids every now and then without it slipping out

Okay so I was looking into three brands:
Silk Elements, Soft & Beautiful Bontanicals and Mutli length African Pride (I think that is what it is called)
If you know of any others feel free to tell especially if you have a 4b hair type.

Please respond I would like to do this by April 1st, 2006.
And if you do respond please let me know you hair type

THANKS IN ADVANCE BHM

Sponsored Links

vwarren View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2006 at 10:16am

I have a Silk Elements tex with no/lye in my hair.Thumbs Up  I like the Silk Elements it makes your hair soft and silky.  The Bontanical Tex had my curls really tight and not as loose and the Silk Elements. 

I have 4a/b spiral curls.

I use Paul Mitchell products, Promade, Sculpting Lotion and S-Curl spray.

Island-Clo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2006 at 12:49pm
yea the botanicals text did'nt really loosen up my curls I had to do atleast 3 more applications with that brand just to loosen up my curls and still it would not loosen up, so finally I switched and tried elasta qp normal relaxer and boy am I happy with the results...do you have a curl pattern in you hair?,
gonnagrow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 5:30am
Island-co,

Well about me having a curl pattern....I am not sure because my hair is how you say....NAPPY.   But what I have read is the that my hair type 4b has a curl pattern but it is just very tight curls which people call naps.  

What I want is softer hair but not tight curls, loose curls would be great.  I just don't want to texturize and get a boot leg relaxer that looked like I tried to relaxer my hair but it didn't takeLOL

I think I will check out Silk Elements.  Now where can I buy it because I didn't see it at a regular beauty supply store.  Would it be at Sally's?

Also have anyone tried African Pride

Thanks for responding ladies Clap
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 11:16am
Hi,

New to the forum and just had a texturizer done about three weeks ago. I have 4c hair, REAL ROCK, if there was a 4d, or e, that would be me. I have been down the relaxer and harsh chemicals road. Did the big chop, and what I can tell you is, that's the best decision I have ever made for my hair.

You will not get the silky curls effects that a lot of gals here on this forum have. But your hair will definitely be more manageable. I use S curl activator and sometimes Garnier Fructis curl cream to achieve some curls. It would not be real curly, but its beautiful, and so soft. I also use Profectiv products to keep my hair moisturized.

Hope this helps and good luck. Oh, I used Soft and Beautiful Texturizer for coarse hair.
vwarren View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 11:50am

Island-Co

you were able to put a elasta qp normal relaxer over a texturizer?  I thought you had to grow out the texturizer hair before you actually put a regular perm in hair. 

gonnagrow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 3:46pm
Yeah Natural Girl ,  I didn't think my hair would really be curly like most of the girls on this forum who use texturizers.  I wish I could see some pictures of the members with texturizers.

Anyway I bought Silk Elements regular .  I am not sure if I should have gotten the course one but I was not trying to go for the straight look.  So if people think I should have gotten the course let me know because I plan on using it tomorrow anyway.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 3:49pm
Well gonnagrow, what I can say is, I used the SB for coarse hair, and trust me, I am nowhere close to straight. So I don't think you have to worry about going straight using a texturizer, no matter the brand. The effects are not drastic with texturizers, so for 4b/c hair,  I dont suggest regular AT ALL. Good luck though.
One other thing though, I have found that if I am not using moisturizers and such, my hair goes back to awful. Maintenance is so important.
hairbiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by vwarren vwarren wrote:

Island-Co

you were able to put a elasta qp normal relaxer over a texturizer?  I thought you had to grow out the texturizer hair before you actually put a regular perm in hair. 

A texturizer is the same as a regular perm...It just isn't left on as long. Just long enough to loosen your regular curl pattern.  It isn't the same as a jheri curl which is thio based as opposed to Lye (no lye) based.
brownstarlet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2006 at 1:56pm
natural girl please tell me how this goes. i want to texturize my hair too. I was natural for 7 years then last year ( may or so) I put in some color and the hair color didn't change, but my hair was getting stringy and not very attractive. I have to cut my hair off. I did't wnat to deal with it.

Now its grown back to its usual 5-6 inches. I love my natural hair when its done, but I am so tired of always doing it. I have 4b too, so it can be so time consuming and you cannot do a loose ( afro- twist out etc) style because the next day it would look crazy, or I have to re-twist it at night. I thought I would never put chemicals in my hair agian. But the natural hair is just not working for me any more. I basically live from one braid style to the next. I have to move on.

hence I want to texturize. I am imagining that I will get the natural look, but less shrinkage a little more lenght and managability. Curls would be nice, like back in the day dry curl or wave neauvo.. but apparently WN is double processing and my fine weak hair cannot take that. Let me know if you get any curls etc.

Good luck!
Please let me know how your hair turns out.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>