Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Title or Money?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

where did you get dead end job from?

BHM Word Bank

As far as the OP goes I think it depends on how long you are set to do this. If this is going to be a long term career you may end up burning out. I believe an article was posted here not to long ago about how folks who went into jobs they didnt like for the pay usually ended up more stressed and unhappy over all. If its just short turn to save some duckets until you find what you really want then Id do it asap.

This job would pay for my continuing education to advance in their company if necessary. I think it's more of a career term job.
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:43pm
Cash rules everything around me. C.R.E.A.M. Get the money. Dollar bills y'all.

I will gain fulfillment from being debt free, saving and investing, travel and doing for my mom/grandmother.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

the question isn't very clear

so I used a common denominator

you can give your own example

For instance, say you had the qualifications to be a teacher, for example. Teachers don't get paid much. But you had the chance to score a technical job that requires little education but better pay and solid benefits and make a career out of it.

do you (hypothetically) have a strong passion for teaching?

if you can't imagine doing anything else then I would say keep teaching

how long have you worked in your field?

My interest in my field is strong. However, it isn't a high paying field. Hypothetically, I haven't been working in my field for long. I'm still trying to get a leg up and choose my path.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:49pm

This job would pay for my continuing education to advance in their company if necessary. I think it's more of a career term job.

I would weigh my options I mean if they are willing to pay for the education that's not something you should easily turn down without considering. I'm not sure if your current major is like the ones you mentioned in the "out side the box professions" thread but if so because those are some professions that are hard to gain footing in off the bat it may be a good move to do this. You could always make it your minor as well if you don't want to abandon it all together.

If this is something that you also care about then I don't think this is a choice that you would regret in the long run. However if this is something you don't really enjoy you would and fast because your heart wont be in it. You never know though, this opportunity may in away lead to another opportunity to do what you really wanted.

Good luck tho
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:50pm

Which is more important to you? If you had an opportunity to have a career in a field that you did not study in, but which offered much better pay and benefits, which would you choose?

Or would you require something else like personal fulfillment?

now that I reread it, the did not study and lack of pay/benefits made me think struggle

plus everyone can relate, even if it's relative ... sorry if dead end was offensive

anyways SN your example makes more sense ... I'm all for more money, it's the choice I continue to make

eventually you could meld the two, teach/coach either in IT or like I said volunteer and teach after school programs, ESL students, community college weekend classes etc

Edited by rickysrose - Aug 12 2013 at 8:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:51pm
Thank y'all so much, you have really encouraged and reassured me. Smile

Edited by SweetNovember* - Aug 12 2013 at 8:52pm
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 10:07pm

the question isn't very clear

so I used a common denominator

you can give your own example

For instance, say you had the qualifications to be a teacher, for example. Teachers don't get paid much. But you had the chance to score a technical job that requires little education but better pay and solid benefits and make a career out of it.

For me when you offer that scenario, I would do the technical position. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 10:10pm

Which is more important to you? If you had an opportunity to have a career in a field that you did not study in, but which offered much better pay and benefits, which would you choose?

Or would you require something else like personal fulfillment?

now that I reread it, the did not study and lack of pay/benefits made me think struggle

plus everyone can relate, even if it's relative ... sorry if dead end was offensive

anyways SN your example makes more sense ... I'm all for more money, it's the choice I continue to make

eventually you could meld the two, teach/coach either in IT or like I said volunteer and teach after school programs, ESL students, community college weekend classes etc

I would have to cosign on the teaching at the community college.  I was offered a opportunity to work as an tutor, which in the long term would lead me into teaching at a JuCo.  I declined since I have no desire to teach at all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123