Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tired Asap Rocky sleeps on Larry David's shoulder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tired Asap Rocky sleeps on Larry David's shoulder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tired Asap Rocky sleeps on Larry David's shoulder
    Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:44am
lets hear it BHM.

This photo of Orthodox Jew Isaac Theil letting an unidentified black man sleep on his shoulder on the Q train in Brooklyn last week has gone viral.

This photo of Orthodox Jew Isaac Theil letting an unidentified black man sleep on his shoulder on the Q train in Brooklyn last week has gone viral.

This straphanger's shoulder has become an internet sensation.

Oscar "Isaac" Theil, 65, was on his way home to the Kensington section of Brooklyn on the Q train when an unidentified man fell asleep on his shoulder for more than a half hour last Thursday night. (More than a half hour??!! ... Sheit!)

Another rider was amazed at the scene — a black man sleeping on the shoulder of a white man in a yarmulke — so he gently asked if he wanted help to wake the slumbering straphanger (...code talk.. do you want me to help you get this lazy ni..gah off your shoulder?)

"He had a long day so I let him sleep. We've all been there," Theil responded. (say word? guesss i'd be tired too if I was getting stopped and frisked all day)

The other rider captured the moment with a quick cell phone picture that he then posted online with a brief explanation.

The picture and caption has gone viral on the internet, with 1.3 million “likes” and 172,563 shares on Facebook. It’s also received a whopping 228 comments on reddit, where it was originally posted.

"There's still hope in humanity," said Facebook user Michael Bartley, whose comment alone got 13,583 likes.

"I don't see a black man and a Jewish man — I see two people," added Georgina Gainsford-De Giogrio. 

Theil, an Orthodox Jew, is surprised by all the attention — and there was a lot of it, thanks to social media.

In fact, hours after the picture was posted last week, Theil got a call from his sister, Pam Russ, who lives in Montreal and saw the photo online.

"She was the first person to call and tell me how proud she was of me," Theil said. His phone has been ringing constantly with messages from friends and family as far away as Israel. Of course, he downplays his Morphean heroism.

"I just kept steady so he would be able to sleep," said Theil, (code for...I was afraid to move cause he might have a gun or something) who had been returning home from watching his granddaughter on the Upper East Side. "It wasn't easy to do because he was dead weight."

And the reddit user who started it all is amazed how it has become an international sensation.

"It really wasn't about the ethnicity of the people," he told The News, asking to remain anonymous. "It was just more that New Yorkers (usually dirty and stinky), especially in the subway, don't want to touch people or have them get in their personal space. That was striking to me and made me smile and I thought was a very nice gesture."

Alas, the unidentified man wasn't able to doze off the whole ride because Theil had to exit the train at Newkirk Ave.

"I didn't want to scare him awake," Theil recalled. "I turned around to look at him and he was dazed." (Crack is wack yo)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/check-subway-sleeping-beauty-article-1.1508486#ixzz2jwGNE6un

Edited by OoDles O - Nov 07 2013 at 12:46am
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:51am
is this forreal?

should we throw him a party?  there is hope in humanity?  the white savior in all it's glory.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:55am
The other rider was amazed? mofo have u ever been on a plane?! that shh happens too often.... but then again this is NYC yall mean up there so maybe he was amazed.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:58am
maybe its just his eyebrows...but he looks angry about it lol
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:03am
lol I would have shrugged him off with the quickness. I don't play that sh*t Stern Smile
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:05am
I think thats standard older jewish guy face of indifference
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:14am
Orthodox Jew?  Is he not supposed to be touched or summin'.  I'd like to believe that he did this out of kindness but i'm leaning toward he was scared to wake him.  *shrugs* 
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

lol I would have shrugged him off with the quickness. I don't play that sh*t Stern Smile

LOL

That story was so positive and sappy and here you pop in with "I don't play that sh*t" 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 2:39am
I would be so afraid of bed bugs jumping off of someone, I couldn't sit quietly while anyone rests any part of their body on me. I get very uncomfortable on a crowded train for fear of others germs/bugs...etc..
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 3:08am
i know!! you sound like me lmao...i always think of bed bugs when ppl sit next to me on the train.  i probably make everyone next to me uncomfortable because i'm always scrunched into the window.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic