| naturesgift wrote:|
I am not sure what to do I am kinda stressed!
1. Smile and shut up.
2. Just listen to her talk and nod & smile.
3. Pay close attention to how your dad responds when she begins to nags and learn to mimic his time tested technique without adding any variances.
4. Distract her when she gets negative by telling her some random gossipy story about cheating spouses, illegitimate babies, her favorite tv personality or whatever topics you have heard her talk about for hours on the phone with her friends/family.
5. Smile and shut up some more and give her the puppy dog eyes
if she doesnt stop whatever she is fussing about.
6. Hide all new purchases & store receipts b4 she visits or she will pick a fight over you spending too much money. Her natural maternal instincts push her to search for something to boss you and nag you about, so just clear out some of the things that will trigger her.
7. Keep in mind that she loves you unconditionally and is the one that will love you on your worse day and have that in mind when it becomes difficult to smile and shut up
I love my momma, but it is a fact that some women over menopause develop a naggy personality that gets worse with age so I just have to work around that by constantly distracting her by changing the subject.