FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Tips on getting along with your mother

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:51pm
idk what advice to give. i just love having my mom around so i put up with whatever comes with it. my mom is cool at times but lord jesus the lady gets on my nerves at times, and she talks and yells nonstop but i don't know what i would do without her. i just learn to bite my tongue and apologize when i am in the wrong. 

Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:55pm
Yep, it's mom just take deep breaths, smile and call a friend. Don't forget to cater to her after she cooks your favorite meal.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Me and my mom are backwards. We did not get along well until I was in my late 20's. Now thats my bew for life. 

Same here. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

idk what advice to give. i just love having my mom around so i put up with whatever comes with it. my mom is cool at times but lord jesus the lady gets on my nerves at times, and she talks and yells nonstop but i don't know what i would do without her. i just learn to bite my tongue and apologize when i am in the wrong. 

this.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:21pm
we get along very well.....we live in different continents and see each other once a year Approve
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:06pm
Not being rude, but she lived her life, how can I live mine if she continually want me to do things her way.

To be honest, she did not do a very good job living hers.

How I can I take advice about life from someone who failed at theirs.

I believe in leading by example.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Not being rude, but she lived her life, how can I live mine if she continually want me to do things her way.

To be honest, she did not do a very good job living hers.

How I can I take advice about life from someone who failed at theirs.

I believe in leading by example.
I understand what you are saying but maybe her circumstance or state of mind was very different at your age Benni . I promise you no matter what it hurts like hell to loose your mother . I also understand children that went through abuse and refuse to have anything to do with parents . Pray on it . Not trying to preach or play a holy role perfect mother .Hug
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:34pm
I'm just so thankful that my son and I have always
had a really good relationship ( he's 24 ). We don't agree on
everything but we respect each other's opinion and we talk
about any issues that might arise .

Open communication is a good place to start. Most
parents truly want what's best for their kids.

I still struggle with the fact that he is no longer a little boy lol
He reminds me on occasion to allow him to make his own
decisions .

Edited by spencer4hire - May 30 2014 at 6:35pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I am not sure what to do I am kinda stressed!

1. Smile and shut up.

2. Just listen to her talk and nod & smile.

3. Pay close attention to how your dad responds when she begins to nags and learn to mimic his time tested technique without adding any variances.

4. Distract her when she gets negative by telling her some random gossipy story about cheating spouses, illegitimate babies, her favorite tv personality or whatever topics you have heard her talk about for hours on the phone with her friends/family.

5. Smile and shut up some more and give her the puppy dog eyes Embarrassed if she doesnt stop whatever she is fussing about.

6. Hide all new purchases & store receipts b4 she visits or she will pick a fight over you spending too much money. Her natural maternal instincts push her to search for something to boss you and nag you about, so just clear out some of the things that will trigger her.

7. Keep in mind that she loves you unconditionally and is the one that will love you on your worse day and have that in mind when it becomes difficult to smile and shut upLOL

I love my momma, but it is a fact that some women over menopause develop a naggy personality that gets worse with age so I just have to work around that by constantly distracting her by changing the subject.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:43pm
Be nice and ignore her when she makes you mad.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic