FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Tips for my first Aphogee 2 step?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for my first Aphogee 2 step?
    Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 5:59pm
BIG SIGH. ok. I plan to do my first aphogee 2 step in the next two weeks. I know that the process isn't easy, so I've watched a few youtube videos t help me best decide how I should do it. I didn't find anything that described the process the whole way through, so I'm  hoping to get some tips, or maybe the link to a video may have overlooked. I have a few questions:

Is there any kind of prep I should be doing? pre poo, clarify, etc?

My hair is 4a, fine, about an inch above apl. Should I use one or two packets?

I dont have a hood dryer, only a plug in heated cap and a blow dryer. I'm assuming i should use the blow dryer rather than the cap, cause the cap fits over my head pretty closely. When using the blow dryer, are there any particular motions I should follow, or do I just need to do my best to make sure the heat is evenly distributed? How many inches away from my head should I have the dryer, and what temp?

About how long should I rinse my hair? How will I know when the product is out? Will my hair feel a certain way?

Should the moisturizer be applied in sections, or just distributed evenly?

Lastly, I need some tips about what to do once its finished. should I add other products? Can I put my hair in loose large twists, or do I need to do more of a wash n go? Should I try to wring out excess moisture?

I know I'm asking some pretty basic questions, but this stuff is strong and I wanna get it right.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2012 at 2:19am
The only things I can come up with is to use a clarifying shampoo to remove all the buildup and to make it truly effective, since you have no hooded dryer, use the blow-dryer and wear an old t shirt, rinse very well (like under running water), then apply the balancer or a moisturizing conditioner, leave it in for about five minutes then rinse thoroughly.  Hopefully more people will chime in.  Anyway I read a couple of your other post and it sounds like you don't need this two step reconstructor IMO. 
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 2:38pm
NARSAddict,

Thanks for the tips. And yeah, I think you're right. My hair seems to be ok right now, so I don't wanna do anything drastic. I think it'd be better to build my protein up more slowly if I decide I want more. I'm washing tomorrow, and thats when I have the most breakage, so I'll make an assessment based on that. Anyway, I'm getting braids this week and won't really be able to monitor my hair and see how it reacts, so now probably isnt the time for the 2 step anyway.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 7:17pm

Is your hair breaking? I do the 2 step fairly regularly, my hair loves and needs heavy protein but that's not the case for most people. Do NOT under any circumstances use a heated cap, though. Your hair will become very stiff during the process and will snap like twigs under the cap. You can probably use a blow dryer but it might not be as efficient as the hooded dryer. This treatment will not work without heat. I always follow up with deep moisturizing conditioner, so I basically go under the dryer twice.

Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:51pm
I use Aphogee two step treatments every time I take my extension braids or remove my weave. Usually every 3 months. I’m natural (4a/4b) and this treatment really strengthen my hair. I follow the instructions:
1) Wash the hair with Tresemmé deep cleansing (clarifying shampoo),
2) Apply the product using a spray bottle,
3) Sit under the hood dryer until the product hardens (product needs to harden),
4) Rinse it off and follow with a DC treatment (Keracare humecto, because its pH balanced).
HTH, good luck Smile
eveies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eveies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:43pm
Why do you do an this treatment, what does it do to/for your hair?
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by eveies eveies wrote:

Why do you do an this treatment, what does it do to/for your hair?

I started using Aphogee two steps treatment after bagging my hair for 1 week. Bagging method left my hair over moisturized, the hair had a mushy texture and was breaking off like there’s no tomorrow. In order to restore moisture/protein balance I've tried to correct the problem with medium strength protein treatments: Motions CPR and Aphogee two minutes, neither could stop the breakage. So I decided to use a stronger (heavy-duty) protein treatment: Aphogee two steps. My hair stopped breaking in the following day, the hair texture also changed, the coils definition improved significantly, my hair was instantly stronger. Since then I use it every time I remove my extension braids or weave.

How does it work?

Most protein products are formulated to gravitate to the hair. The molecules within protein products tend to be large and to be positively charged, therefore, the positively charged protein molecules in a protein hair product gravitate to the negatively charged hair filling in the spots on the hair strand that are missing cuticles and that are damaged areas. (Adapted from Chicoro’s How to Gain and Retain Length booklet).

Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment is a serious deep protein treatment. Use it only if your hair requires strong protein treatments, i.e. excessive breakage, over moisturized. You really have to pay close attention to figure out what your hair needs and what products work best, protein overload is serious issue and it takes time to correct. Read about moisture/protein balance, I’m sure that you will find plenty of threads on the subject.

HTH

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply