Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tips for Braiding My Own Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 1:17pm
I can't braid my own hair either but what I can do is flat twist(two strand twist) it. If you can't get the braid down see if the twists works. For me it's so much easier and lays just as flat as braids.

Edited by breBR3bre - Aug 21 2012 at 1:18pm
Sponsored Links

rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinthecutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 2:11pm
I make the braids in the back and middle huge and then when I get towards the top and front, I make them smaller. Makes it easy to grip if you're not worried about making perfect parts.
CocoBABY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoBABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 7:39am
Hey Ladies!
I'm posting on this thread because it won't allow me to start a topic....Confused
Anywho....I have 3c/4a hair that is 4 1/2 inches long....I recently had kinky twist for a couple of months...but my curlies kept coming out from the braid..it didnt looks so bad because of the style that I had...I tried beeswax, gel, Herbal Essence wax,spritz...nothing kept them from coming out of the braid.  I want to put in micros for a trip in 2 weeks, but I don't want to take the time to do it and the same thing happens.  Does any of you ladies have any suggestions on what I may be able to use to keep the curlies from coming out of the braid.  I don't care if its a homemade concoction...Holla at me....Pleaaaassseee.....Embarrassed

Thanks.
paviya1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paviya1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:57am
Nice sharing
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:34pm
practice, practice, practice and you'll do just fine
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style