It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
marieeugene View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIPS FOR ACNE-PRONE/ ACNE SUFFERERS
    Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 5:39am
Hello my Beauties,
I have decided to write this post because I am not able to answer all of the messages I get in my inbox. Okay here we go
Let's be clear, there is no cure for acne, you can stay clear but you will always have tendencies to break out. Acne is a disease, not a condition. No, you didn't do anything to cause it, you simply have it through a genetic accident, you have a defect in the structure and working of your skin that makes your pores react differently then the pores of your "clear-skinned" friend. My best friend can use body lotion on her face, sleep in her make up and will not breakout. I DON'T DARE DO THAT.
At puberty your body starts to produce testosterone, the enzyme in the testosterone starts to stimulate the oil glands to begin producing sebum. If you are prone to acne, the sebum sets off what is called retention hyperkeratosis; newly formed cells are stucked together along the pores wall, and become impactions.
Although there's no cure for acne you can certainly alleviate it by being vigilant and arming yourself with patience, good skin care regimen, and great diet
1- GIVE UP THE PEANUT BUTTER. Peanut butter/oil contains high amounts of testosterone. It will stimulate your oil glands just as do the hormones in the body produces. Corn oil is just as bad
2- IODIDES/SALT is the devil- Excessive amount can flare acne. Once it enters the body and mixes into the bloodstream, the excess is secreted thru the oil glands. As it excretes IT IRRITATEDS THE PORES. KELP IS YOUR ENNEMY AS WELL, kelp has the highest content of iodides, check your multi vitamin, read the label if it has kelp GET RID OF IT. Onions, asparagus and wheat germs, beef liver (yuk) are high in iodides as well.
3- DAIRY DOESN'T DO YOUR BODY GOOD- Nutritionists are saying that milk has a high level of iodine. The explanation is; iodine is added to cowlick salt and so it finds its way into milk.
4-READ YOUR LABELS-Offending ingredients such as SLS/ SLES, myristyl myristate, octyl palmitate, isopropyl palmitate, octyl stearate are found in thousands of products. I have a long list, but these are the most important ones. Also coco butter, and coconut oil will break you out IF YOU ARE ACNE-PRONE. Otherwise they are great oils for those who are born with perfect skin
-ICE YOUR LESIONS...Twice a day, ice your acne lesions or impactions after you cleanse, ice will help with faster healing process, and reduce inflammation.
-VITAMIN A PROPRIANATE NOT PALMITATE. If you are using a retinoid make sure it contains vitamin A proprianate, it prenetrates the skin better. If you have grade 2 acne (white heads, black heads, if you can see bumps under the skin when stretched) Vitamin A should be added to your skin care
-MANDELIC ACID- GET TO KNOW IT. Mandelic acid is a great product for acne prone, it kills 3 birds at once. It's anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and is great for lifting hyperpigmentation. Great for darker skin, especially since most of us cannot tolerate benzol peroxide
-ZINC TABLET-YES YES YES....Invest in a good zinc tablet. MAKE SURE IT'S ZINC MONOMETHIONINE, and NOT zinc gluconite. Zinc helps reduce inflammation, 60mg per day is good.
-CHEMICAL PEELS...GEt them they are great boosters to speed up the healing process. JUST REMEMBER if you go to an esthe or derm and they are ready to give you a peel the first time they meet you RUN RUN RUN. They don't have your best interest at heart. Darker skin is more sensitive and reactive. When you don't prep the skin prior to a peel, they will develop hyperpigmentation. So make sure you do your homework, ask plenty of question
OKAY LADIES....I HAVE ANSWERED EVERYTHING IN ONE POST....GOOD LUCK!!!!

-
Sponsored Links

GoodKarma4me View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 4:54pm
Thanks so much. Your post is very very informative!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 8:15pm
Welcome GoodKarma :)
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 1:34pm
Thanks a bunch! This is all wonderful information.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 9:49pm
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 1:32am
thank you.....
esther78 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 9:45am
Thank you
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 9:31pm
Good tipsThumbs%20Up
chocolate_doll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 10:41pm
Great advice!
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 1:31am
Whoa, I didn't know that about the peanut butter :( I eat a lot of it. I guess I need to give it up. Thanks for sharing this. I'm bookmarking it to my favorites.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic