BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tips for a Forcefully Dependent Student

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:05pm
I'm trying to think. I would suggest working 50-11 jobs to save up to move out but with the high COL and low pay for most jobs, it's an uphill climb.Unhappy

All of the young ladies I know that aren't dependent on their parents/family in school have a bf/husband to help take care of them financially instead.

I second going to the finaid office at your school and explaining the situation. They usually work with you but I am not familiar with CC finaid when it comes to dependent/independent status.

Craigslist is good if you must leave the house. Perhaps spend the next weekend or two hitting up fastweb for every scholarship you can.

MidnaHug
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:05pm
Staying in a house where there is any form of abuse, physical or mental is just soul destroying...

Its funny when I tell people all the stuff I went through leading to why I left and never looked back... people will say, "but they raised you" etc....

But if I had been treated that way by a boyfriend I would have gotton, "you need to leave him, he's crazy " etc etc...

Its a hard concept for some people to grasp that just because they are blood relations doesn't mean you have to lie back and take whatever $hit they pour forth
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:05pm
IA with finding another place to live.  There is nothing like peace of mind. Mom is a vampire...she will continue to emotionally suck on Midna until she has nuffin' left. She sounds like the type that will sabotage her if she thinks she's tryna do better.  Fuccin' sh*t up so u can't have study dates or anything to do with school.  If you're at home and doing school stuff she will make sure u can't concentrate or keep u busy so u can't study.

Midna...don't tell your mother you're moving until folks are there carrying your boxes out to the truck.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:06pm
Never allow her to not ask your father for help.....its his job......let her be bitter and proud when it affects just her......I hate to say it but you may have to take some time off.....and slowly separate yourself from her so next semester you can file the way you need to.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Never allow her to not ask your father for help.....its his job......let her be bitter and proud when it affects just her......I hate to say it but you may have to take some time off.....and slowly separate yourself from her so next semester you can file the way you need to.
You may be onto something.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

you made an assumption when you know nothing about me. 

i wasnt offended.. i merely said dont tell me what i know about. 

not really, the you was meant to be general, nothwithstanding the fact that I quoted you...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

IA with finding another place to live.  There is nothing like peace of mind. Mom is a vampire...she will continue to emotionally suck on Midna until she has nuffin' left. She sounds like the type that will sabotage her if she thinks she's tryna do better.  Fuccin' sh*t up so u can't have study dates or anything to do with school.  If you're at home and doing school stuff she will make sure u can't concentrate or keep u busy so u can't study.

Midna...don't tell your mother you're moving until folks are there carrying your boxes out to the truck.

This is exactly what I did...

LAWD

If hell wasnt raised that day it never will be again...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:10pm
oh ok.. you quoted me.. the only person telling her to stay home.. and said 'you have no idea how hard it is to stay in that situation' 

but it was in general.. i see where i got confused… Geek
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

My adulthood is off to a really rocky start.

I can't stop crying..

I'm going to get up and keep moving forward but right now I need to cry everything out.

Cry as much as you need to. Things are off to a rocky start but you have what you need within yourself to make this work.

Work through your emotions as best as you can and then make an emergency plan. Mainly, how will you keep yourself safe, fed, and housed if sh*t hits the fan. At least identify where you can get help in your area (shelters, food banks, etc). Make sure you have all your necessary legal documents (birth certificate, social security card, anything like that) somewhere safe.

Midna, you can totally do this. Cry, scream, whatever you have to do. But know that you can do this.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:13pm
Midna this is a lesson learned.....If you gotta move into a shoe box and sleep on an air mattress.....it will be so comfortable because its yours and you can do as you please.....trust me.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic