FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Tipping... How much is appropriate?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
DamiaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamiaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by DamiaRose DamiaRose wrote:

I over-tip with great service only because its a rarity these days but I'm still generous when it comes to general services. 

I leave notes with my tips if my server/waitress/attendant was great or horrible to make them aware of the service they're providing :) 

Exactly why I mentioned it. 
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:39pm
lol
acaraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acaraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:02pm
Am I supposed to tip for carry-out orders?
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:16pm
The only time I tip is if I'm out to eat or if someone delivers food to me. Usually I tip them anywhere from $3-10 more or less depending on how much I spent in the first place. Otherwise anything such as cab drivers, nail techs, etc. I don't tip. Especially not no cab driver since I think they overcharge as it is. Stern Smile
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:24pm
Tip however much you want to because it's always going to be too much or not enough to someone else.

Overall, I think tipping is stupid and I don't like it. I think the cost of something should be fair and employees should receive a fair wage...but that's not the system we have now, so therefore I tip. I don't tip for bad service (and I let you know I'm not tipping) and I don't tip well for basic service (ie you did what you were supposed to and no more). I tip well for great service.

In general, I will give a big tip (20%+) if the person was great and if I know I'm coming back to the place and want to be treated well. I also give delivery people extra since my house is difficult to find.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:10am
Originally posted by ManeMessDeux ManeMessDeux wrote:

I'm at a loss on how to tip for certain services...
I realize servers get 15 to 20% but what about nail techs?

I usually give like $2-3 if just getting a mani, $5 if a mani-pedi but I only get basic mani's that cost about $13 and mani-pedi's that cost anywhere between 16 - 25 depending on what day I get them done.

They have to touch some crusty feet throughout the day! *LOL*
How about the taxi driver? Delivery driver?

Taxi 10%...delivery guy? Nothing I misread that to mean like the FedEx/UPS guys lol. Well I haven't done delivery in forever, but usually I try to give atleast 10-20% of the total order.

I believe I overtip but sometimes feel like it's not enough.
Just curious what your thoughts are...

**for waiters, etc. I usually do 20% standard unless the service is crap in which I either under tip or don't tip at all. I actually had a woman try to harrass me about NOT tipping and she wasn't even my waiter. I told her straight to her face, if it meant that much then the food shouldn't have been ridiculously late after the server took forever to even come take our order and NEVER returned to check on us. A tip = thank you for your good service. Tips are not requirements.

I wish we were like Japan...no tipping allowed!

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Feb 02 2013 at 2:12am
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:20am
Just gave a nice tip to a waitress cuz she had a pretty face and nice butt. The service was bad tho LOL
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:24am
I over tip when eating out. I give the pizza guy 4 bucks. But they are literally right down the street and around a corner. Carryout 2 bucks.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Just gave a nice tip to a waitress cuz she had a pretty face and nice butt. The service was bad tho LOL

OT: your avi scares me bc I could see NM doing something nutty like that in real life at a concert Shocked

LOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:06am

LOL I could see her doing that too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>