BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tipping for hair stylist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:36am
I pay $60-$65 when I get my hair done and I tip $10-$15
Sponsored Links

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:21am
I've never tipped a hair stylist, I always walk out dissatisfied. Which is why I prefer to do my own hair.

Edited by Missvw - Apr 07 2014 at 6:23am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:47am
I tip more if the stylist only getsva set amount from the salon amd doesnt get to pocket.

If she is just renting a chair then it depends
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:27am
I tip 20%

15% is fine tho
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:59am
If i get wash and curl/flat iron i usually tip $5-7...when i get a sew in $10-15.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:11am
i didn't type my stylist the last time bc her roommate asked her to babysit her baby in the shop.  i had to amuse a lil niglet while getting a press. smdh. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:16am
I tip stylists at least 15%.

I do tip salon stylist a lil more than kitchen stylist cuz I know sometimes they pay booth fees or only get a certain amount from the owner of the salon.

If I absolutely love my hair, they get more.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:17am
if the stylist is the owner you dont actually have to tip because its not expected.  people usually do (myself included) out of habit.

it used to annoy me that i had to tip 2 or 3 different people.  can i have just one person touching my head please?
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 1:35pm
People don't understand that their tip is based on how pleased I am with the service as well as your customer service. If you are dry towards me, and my hair isn't banging...no I'm not paying you $150 - $250 for my hair and then 20% in a tip. I'm not. And I have no shame. 

I don't tip kitchen stylists anyway. You absorb every dime of what I pay with no rental costs, etc. 

Salons are different. 

Again, personality.....and general aura matters tremendously. I have yet to meet a stylist who I LIKED, felt COMFORTABLE enough to do my hair, was EDUCATED on natural hair, took direction, and knows how to execute a weave with a decent part. I dont understand women who pay to get their hair done and then walk out with them big ass parts that looked like they been attacked by a lawn mower. That's piss poor work and it looks awful. I wouldn't pay or tip sh*t for that mess. Cry
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:29am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i didn't type my stylist the last time bc her roommate asked her to babysit her baby in the shop.  i had to amuse a lil niglet while getting a press. smdh. 

SO GLAD when i was at work i was ALL ALONE AND READ UR REMARK OF THE LIL Niglet....LOLLOLLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>