Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Tip for Sealing Knots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip for Sealing Knots
    Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:26pm
I have been trying to get better at ventilating and saw this you tube video from this "master Ventilator" about sealing knots.  This sounds interesting and may be helpful to someone.  He is using clear nail polish with remover mixed in a spray bottle. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dHXUidbrE

Sponsored Links

pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

I have been trying to get better at ventilating and saw this you tube video from this "master Ventilator" about sealing knots.  This sounds interesting and may be helpful to someone.  He is using clear nail polish with remover mixed in a spray bottle. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dHXUidbrE

hi lace lover, there are acrylic sprays you can purchase and just spray the inside of your wig-I use c22 as it can enhance the appearance of a scalp and then spray with aussie freeze to keep it from sticking on my hair.. some acrylics are clear and you can use those if you bleach your roots..i just purchased some ventilating needles finally (didn't know the needles are so small) so I will start trying to learn how to ventilate..good luck to you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:35pm
I have used the acrylic spray in the past but have never seen anyone use this combination that this wigmaker used, I just thought it was an interesting concept, especially if one ran out of sealer or hairspray.
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

I have used the acrylic spray in the past but have never seen anyone use this combination that this wigmaker used, I just thought it was an interesting concept, especially if one ran out of sealer or hairspray.

yes nailpolish will work..i use it on my lacefronts that have wefts in the back..a great outside the box idea..i would be concerned about damaging my netting but if he or she is a lace wig master they have experience in that regard
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:55am
OK a little frustrated with "knot sealer" I don't think it works.... Anyone found one that is steadfast?
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:03am
Ignore my previous, going to try this method and let y'all know
Thank you OP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:58pm
I have not tried it yet but I will on one of my older units that shed really badly, will let you know if it is any good.
lindygaga View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindygaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:46pm
I have no idea about your topic.But i doubt that according the reply above.
betyboop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betyboop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2014 at 9:13pm
some acrylic sprays are toxic
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2014 at 3:44pm
Is hairspray good enough to seal the knots of a hard lace front?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic