Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Timeshares?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:51pm
Why buy a timeshare when you can go on Airbnb and rent fabulous condos on the beach for a fraction of the price?  

Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:56pm

my parents liked it because it was like visiting family in a way once they started going for a couple of years

they aren't big travelers though

my mom mostly traveled for work in US and my dad only traveled for family stuff

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 10 2014 at 7:56pm
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

Why buy a timeshare when you can go on Airbnb and rent fabulous condos on the beach for a fraction of the price?  

airbnb and vrbo for the win. i was going to boycott florida but i'm going to miami at least one more time lol. the condos on there are sooooooo nice.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Yeah, we have a Westgate resort and just got back from Orlando.  It was very nice, but yeah...we wouldn't do it again if we could do it over again.  They're also a pain to get rid of. 

Which one do you guys have?
We have the Lakes one....I've stayed at the Villas too. 

The Villas.  We watched the fireworks at all the parks from the lake.  It was lovely. Heart
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:18pm
Yeah between airbnb and credit card churning, you can go anywhere in the world and have great accommodations for little to no money.

A timeshare is not worth it at all.

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Yeah between airbnb and credit card churning, you can go anywhere in the world and have great accommodations for little to no money.

A timeshare is not worth it at all.

Thumbs Up
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:27am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

oh yeah, I forgot about that option.  I saw a documentary called The Queen of Versailles about Westgate Resorts timeshare...they were shady and had places all over.

How often do you guys use them?

I saw about the last 30 minutes of that and wanted to see the whole thing. I meant to look for it online. It looked interesting

it was interesting...the wife was truly delusional and the husband was just piling on the debt to uphold a lifestyle that was crashing down.  their house was a mess.  the maid lived in the dollhouse in the backyard. Confused

it's on Hulu, but i'm not sure if it's free.

if that's the documentary I think it is...is that the woman who dogs were sh*tting all over the house?  I felt bad for the nanny.  She didn't get a break.  the lil kids sleeping in her bed n'sh*t.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:31am
IMO...a timeshare is not worth it in the 2014. Maybe in the 90's before innernets.  These days you got too many websites and too many ways to get a better deal on your vacay.  Back in the day...you had to go thru a travel agency and who knew if you were getting a good deal or nah?  Nothing to compare it to really.  These days you can do the research and competitive shop.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 11 2014 at 3:33am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:40am
Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

this.  I didn't do airbnb but it was the same concept.  I enjoyed that more than a hotel (and I love hotels)  and it was way cheaper. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 4:09am
Nope..

However my friend has a timeshare in dubai ...

I can't hate.. It's a sweet spot

But yeah like everyone said it's not worth it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic