Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TIMEPEEL home microdermabrasion machine= results!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TIMEPEEL home microdermabrasion machine= results!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
zigmarlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zigmarlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIMEPEEL home microdermabrasion machine= results!!
    Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 8:24pm
Long post...

I wouldn't consider myself a product junkie, I do a lot of research before I buy anything. I have a sever case of keratosis pilaris....you know, the ugly black polka dots all over your body. So I've been trying to rid myself of t and other blemishes for awhile.

After all the creams, lemons, hydroquinone, glycolic acid, lactic acid and other things I've tried..I came to the conclusion..NOTHING is going to work, because it cannot penetrate the layers and layers of dead, rough skin.

So I looked into getting dermabrasion at a spa, but saw that I needed to get at least 8-10 treatments and the prices were high, especially beacuse I wanted my body done not neccessarily my face. I was quoted 3200.00 for 8 sessions spread out over a few months, and this was the CHEAPEST quote.

During my research, I found the Timepeel Diamond Microdermabrasion machine, it's the first FDA approved Diamond head microdermabrasion machine, so i was a bit skeptical...it cost me 325.00 including shipping...I think I found the most information on the essentialdayspa.com forum...

I took a chance, and I'm glad I did...

When I got it, I used it first on a really rough patch on my calf, on the lowest setting. It has this diamond head, so you don't have to buy those crysals, and in fact, most people say the diamond head works more effectively than the crystals..it feels kinda scratchy, but not uncomfortable. You put these disposable filters in the head and after passing it over my skin twice, i could see that there was dead skin on the filter, so i kept going.

Two hours later, my kids were knocking on the bathroom door wondering what in the world I was doing. I saw results right away and can tell I'm gonna be addicted to this machine for awhile

I've since used it on my legs (on high), face (on low) and my butt even...my biggest problem is leaving the thing alone and not using it everyday.

I've only been using it a week, and i can see the difference on my knees and elbows too..not quite lighter, but smoother and not as rough and wrinkly. I'm using my lightening cream on them with this and I'm sure my products can penetrate better now..

HTH somebody !! I've stuggled for beautiful skin for so long. This is definitely going to help me reach my goals.

And before anyone asks.. NO, i don't work for them, sell them or make any money with this review....
Sponsored Links

zigmarlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigmarlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 8:29pm
I got mine from here by the way: mytimepeel.com

You can find them on Ebay sometimes, it you can't find it on the US one try the UK site
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 1:11am
wow I pay 110.00 per treatment.... thanks...
goldenGAZE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenGAZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 11:08am
Seems expensive, but i'm glad it worked for you. With that kind of money i'd rather get a clarisonic or maybe try the olay home microdemerbrasion kit but then again, i'm always broke lol. 
ayshia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayshia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 12:40pm
^^^

i don't think those work the same....
zigmarlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigmarlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 8:16pm
I only wanted to express my experience with it, and I've had it done professionally before with the crystals, and it is comparable to it to me. Look up the reviews and do your research, it's an option that I felt was more than worth it...
ethan123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethan123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 7:19am
Microdermabrasion is considered as one of our most popular procedures in any salon. This is a non-surgical treatment that gently polishes and refines the skin while promoting new cell growth. In my opinion, it's really works for skin.  

Edited by ethan123 - Aug 24 2012 at 7:20am
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 7:26pm
Is this the same as Nubrilliance? I saw this commerical the other day and was considering trying it out for the 30 day trial. Here is the website they gave on the commercial: http://www.trynubrilliance.com

I haven't even been to the website yet, let me go check it out.
NubianP6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubianP6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 6:53pm
I also have keratosis pilaris (on the fronts of my legs) I recently read that GA/LA peels can also help, so I'm thinking of mixing up a lotion to see if I will get some results.
EVA D DIVA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EVA D DIVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 9:38pm
I purchased my own machine. I did this because I was tired of paying $125/per visit.  I havebeen slacking on using the machine.  I prefer to use my machine twice a month.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic