Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time crunch - sew in for a relaxed look

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xtinedelay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time crunch - sew in for a relaxed look
    Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 9:48pm
I'm in a deep time crunch. Work is crazy this week and I have a schedule for a sew in Friday after work. Saturday was my original date but I have a work party that night and I'd rather get my hair together Friday then have all day Saturday to work out how I want it to look/get use to it.

I've never wanted a weave because I had nice hair. It never grew much past my shoulders but it was thick with body and worked for me. Then I had some damage and got a bob. And for ME short hair is a no go. Unless it's relaxer straight and flowing I'm hating this chin/between the chin and ear length "bob" once new growth comes I hate it.

I'm getting a full sew in w/ no leave out because I need this mess to grow out without me pressing the mess out of the leave out to blend.

But I'm worried about the weave hair. Everyone's taste is different but as a gal who's never had a weave I don't know much to anything about human hair extensions. I just know that Remy is suppose to be the best but if what I see daily is Remy then despite being the best it looks fake.

I want as close to relaxed AA hair as possible. Most extensions while pretty don't look like black girl hair to me. It looks like an Asian woman's hair or Indian or really any woman but an African American woman with relaxed hair. Even the "good" hair ones because that amount of silky just doesn't look legit. At least to MY eyes. Again, I'm not knocking it I'm just saying for me it doesn't look real.

I know people will know it's fake because I leave work on Friday with a hot mess, 12wks post "bob" and come Saturday night I have flowing hair but people who don't know me I want it to look like mine somewhat and that super silky weave doesn't to me.

I live in Houston and I'm having a hard time finding hair that looks relax textured. I'm on the not so minority filled side of town but I really don't have time to drive to the South side in our traffic for some hair and there's no guarantee I'll even find it. I've watched a lot of Youtube videos and all the hair that looks legit AA textured relaxed to me is the Janet Collection and this hair is no where in this city. I've called up bss after bss and I get a quick "No we don't sell the Janet Collection"

I refuse to buy online because I need to touch it.

It's my first sew in. I know I'll like it because I miss hair. Hair that moved, being able to wear a ponytail and just on my face I feel I look better with at least shoulder length hair. I'll be buy 14" but it'll be cut down to about a 12. Hair down my armpits will annoy me and I just don't want flowing weave like that. Just top/above bra strap and just movable hair.

I really don't want to spend more than $45 a pack on hair. It's my first one and again, Remy is the pricy and best but it looks fake to me. Yeah duh it's fake weave on my head but yeah one of my best friends is a Spanish girl with black hair and to ME that Remy looks like I've been cutting her silky black hair off and sewing tracks on it.
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 5:26am
Buy yaki textured hair. Yaki is suppose to mimic AA relaxed hair. The ones at the bss though look more like silky relaxed not much texture.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Buy yaki textured hair. Yaki is suppose to mimic AA relaxed hair. The ones at the bss though look more like silky relaxed not much texture.
This
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 8:15am
How much are you going to pay the sylist to install? 45 dollar a pack hair will not last long .
SunshineLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 2:50am
In the past I've used Revlon Remy Touch Natural Yaki hair when I wanted to add some fullness to my own relaxed hair. It blended very well UNTIL I straightened it and that straightened the Yaki right out! Just a heads up in case you come across it!
In terms of hair that isn't too expensive from a BSS but still awesome, I had a pack of Beverly Johnson yaki extensions that lasted me 2 YEARS and many many washes with no tangling and still blends with my natural leave out.
Hope this helps!  :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 1:51pm
I paid my stylist $120.

I ended up finding the Janet Collection Yaki perm at my local BSS and it felt like my texture. I'm just regretting using 2 packs.

EVERYONE recommends 2 packs but this hair is so thick I don't see how 1 pack won't work. I have maybe 8 inches length wise of this hair left in the pack.

It does look like mine but it's so freaking bushy I hate it. It tangles back and forth in the same spot in the back. I think it's because it's too much hair. One pack looked thick enough but I'm told I have a big head Confused so I needed 2 packs. But still. I'm planning on having it at least 6 weeks just to get my money's worth. But it's got to go. I wear it in a ponytail to work but I honestly don't like wearing it down. It's too much hair. It is pretty but I'd love to wear it down but unless I have like 10 bobby pins so it's out of my face covering one eye and where I can actually see my ears and earrings it's annoying so I just wear a ponytail. Even at home.

Plus it's so thick it annoys me that it's not easy to tuck it behind my ears. It's that thick to where it pushes my ears out then comes from behind them because it's so thick. But I got a full sew in but I don't like hair in my face and it's so Aaliyah all in my face unless I bobby pin it down and back. I just need this bob to grow out so I can have shoulder length hair again.

I've had people recently tell me to try Brazilian hair because they're heard it's good. But the thing is I have NO patience to buy hair, wait however long for it to come from India/China/wherever overseas then get it, don't like it then return it.

I'm searching now for places in Houston that sell legit hair to see if I can come in and actually touch the hair. I refuse to buy this expensive hair with no touch. Everything looks great on pictures and I'm scared I'll end up with ridiculously shiny hair. I'm medium brown but I definitely can't play the "Oh I'm mixed so my hair is really this shiny" not happening.

I'm still weary of all this Remy non-black people virgin hair unless I can fly to China and touch it then buy it or something. Because that's too much of a hassle all that shipping and returning.

I don't know what hair to buy but I just want something flowing that looks like a black person's hair and it's so super shiny but no hair is free from tangles, looks just right, etc unless it's grown directly from my own head.

Edited by xtinedelay - Jul 04 2013 at 1:56pm
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 2:02pm
Why dont you just try a cute natural hair style with your real hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 5:19pm
My real hair is a chin length bob and I hate it.

I'm wanting to grow it out but I'm finding that I don't take care of short hair well. Unless it's freshly relaxed and flowing it doesn't fit me. When the NG comes in I'm bringing out the flat iron and I'm baking my hair.

Oddly, even with minimal care I think my hair was healthier when it was longer. I had collarbone length before cutting it. I'll NEVER cut my hair again. Short hair doesn't work for me. I can admit I have a pretty round/big face where you'd think I lost weight but my face stayed so IMO I don't have the face for short hair and I'll never go natural because I feel prettier with long hair and it fits my features better.

The bob is cute when it's moving and the roots are straight. Other than that it's horrible and trying to do "little" ponytails with short hair is stupid to me and looks ridiculous on me. Unless it's at least 6 inches I don't think a ponytail looks good.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply