Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tika Sumpter on Being Dark Skinned &

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 2:44am
I didn't read all that but I think black people don't like these kinds of docs because they don't want their dirty laundry being aired. The truth is that we tend to treat people differently depending on their skin color, hair texture, and feature set and it needs to be aired out until something changes.
Sponsored Links

morenaloca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 3:01am
I was watching Nanny 911. There was a black family and they had like ten kids. the older ones liked to pick on a younger child and made fun of her dark complexion....but they were all the same color! And the kids told the nanny they only started saying it after the mom said it Confused
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 3:03am
I really don't like Tika in that role....It rubs me the wrong way Confused
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 3:11am
SMH I remember that episode. Plus she had a baby on the way, right? They truly did not need to have all of those kids especially with the way they were raising them.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 8:56am
Team Brown skin...when you are right in the middle you just fly under the radar LOL errrrrrrr.....I'm sick of the topic. As long as they know we care they are going to keep throwing it up in our faces. However, it is a cycle that will continue to repeat itself until...well, we stop giving it attention. When we start making the people who make these references look and feel ignorant and dumb....it will go away. As long as it generates all of this attention..it will keep going and going and going and going
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 9:31am
I'm sooo sick of everyone making it seem as though ALL darkskin women have the same negative experiences in reference to our skin color. I have dark brown skin and I grew up in a family that embraced all complexions. No one in my immediate family is color struck. Everyone I encounter LOVES my beauty. Its not about skin color. It all boils down to whether your attractive or unattractive.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 9:55am
I agree 100% with some you on this board when u say "WE are our biggest enemy". Whites don't care about Ls vs. Ds. Its ignorant "nickas" that are obsessed with skin color. Especially these coon a$s mainstream RAPPERS etc.. unfortunately a lot young black people feed into their colorism and bigotry. Whites planted the seed now we are feeding it and keeping it alive. Smh

Edited by Majesty02 - Jun 24 2013 at 9:57am
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I didn't read all that but I think black people don't like these kinds of docs because they don't want their dirty laundry being aired. The truth is that we tend to treat people differently depending on their skin color, hair texture, and feature set and it needs to be aired out until something changes.
This all day...
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:13am
I only watched the first hour of the documentary last night. I was confused as to why the asian chick was on there. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I really don't like Tika in that role....It rubs me the wrong way Confused

Me too.... she's a great actress but the black hooker to the wealthy white man gives me that...StromThurmandslavemasterrapingblackwomen vibe.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>