Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tie Welfare Benefits To Children's Grades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 11:51pm
meh. I didn't read the thread however i dont think its a terrible idea. 
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 11:57pm
I would also add, aside from the "book it" program (total 80s baby), the McDonald's for grades program (definitely not around anymore with childhood obesity) and the reading programs at libraries that gave prizes when you read books during the summer, we should NOT be incentivizing things like PTA attendance.

The only thing I understand is tying school attendance to benefits. At least in my neighborhood, those on welfare tend to be stay at home parents. So, if you're home anyway, you NEED to be ensuring that your child is in school. But punishing the entire family if a child genuinely has a learning disability and no resources to combat that disability is unconscionable.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 12:10am
Man, I feel sorry for the child who "causes" their family to lose their benefits.

I remember one of my cousin's neighbors beat her teenage son in the middle of the street with a broom cuz Section 8 found weed in his room during their housing inspection and it could have gotten them kicked out.

Just imagine what some unfit heifer would do the child that makes her lose cash assistance or food stamps.

Edited by ShadyLady - Jan 31 2013 at 12:11am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 12:26am
Schools are hard up for volunteers...why don't they have these "stay at home parents" volunteer at these schools or whereever else they are needed during the day for that check.  U can't read well enough to check your childs homework? well i'm gone need u to sign up for these reading classes.  U got folks sittin' at home not doing a damn thing.  Let them come to the school and get involved.  It might change their mindset.

When I was a teen I got on welfare for a minute and I had to work for that bit of change.  clean parks or whereever it was I was assigned to.  I couldn't sit at home and collect a check.

I don't agree with this because like it's been mentioned...it places the burden upon the child.  They need to come up with another way.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Man, I feel sorry for the child who "causes" their family to lose their benefits.

I remember one of my cousin's neighbors beat her teenage son in the middle of the street with a broom cuz Section 8 found weed in his room during their housing inspection and it could have gotten them kicked out.

Just imagine what some unfit heifer would do the child that makes her lose cash assistance or food stamps.

Indeed shady.  U gone have these kids out here gettin' they asses whooped.  Not cause they got a C or a D but because u fuccin' with mommy's money.  

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 31 2013 at 12:28am
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

im convinced law makers are not that smart

exactly. wtfConfused
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 7:41am
This is so dumb. What about the working poor? What about those with terrible school districts? What about those without access to tutors and other supplemental education needs? Kids already get pushed through enough. There are just going to be more poor kids in special education classes and more child abuse.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

This is so dumb. What about the working poor? What about those with terrible school districts? What about those without access to tutors and other supplemental education needs? Kids already get pushed through enough. There are just going to be more poor kids in special education classes and more child abuse.

This
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:18am
The whole thing just doesn't sit right with me....
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

but this is about the grades. not if they have bad/good teachers.
and if they aren't getting the grades, a parent might be more concerned to actually see progress by going to those teacher meetings, and finding out why their student is doing all they can in the classroom... but getting sucky grades. 

you don't think sh*tty teachers play a part? at all?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic