BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thrifters Unite!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 9:22am

Some "jeans" I found for two or three dollars.

Ugly dress I will hack into an ugly romper *lol*.  But for real  I wanna pick up on sewing because I need a lot of ish that need to be tailored.  This was three bucks.

I will alter this into a cropped jacket and line it.

An Express shirt.  Fits nice.  Has a small stain on the cuff so I will repurchase that Carbona stain remover for inkstains. 

Will mod and hack this jacket.  But first need to take it to the cleaners because I want to kill the moth larvae and then I will repair it.  Then reline the jacket also because it is damaged.

Will mod and hack this jacket also. There is also some moth damage.  Very minor.

This is an off white twill or khaki jacket that I wanna mod and hack.  I want to dye it some kind of jewel tone color or neon and use a bias tape to contrast it.  I wonder if they (JoAnn's) sell neon dye that is acid based?

I also bought some white pants, black pants (for work), and a couple of work blouses.  I got most of these items for cheap because it was damaged in some capacity and I wanted to use it to practice sewing and alterations/tailoring.  I am armed with books and internet connection so wish me luck.

Sponsored Links

yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:15pm
*bump* 

After my finals I have some goodies to show you gals :D
aziza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:32pm
I started shopping at thrift stores and consignment stores last week  and I am loving it. I have been able to find good deals. I found Lululemon tank tops and pants for yoga at the thrift store for under $10. The lululemon tanks tops retail for $45-70 and the pants for $100. I also found good deals at the consignment stores, 50-70% off retail price.

Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:58am
I LOVE LOVE LOVEE thrifting.  I need to make my rounds this weekend.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by yekomod yekomod wrote:

This outfit is thrifited minus the necklace & boots (SBinVA)

Only the shorts are thrifted. I bought a pair of jeans and cut them up & my friend designed them for me. If you want anything designed, you can contact her on her website. Tell her what you want and she will let you know if she can do it.  http://www.kyoncatajen.com/

Can you ask your friend what song is on her website? Shazam didn't know, lol
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 12:37pm
to be honest I need to rid my self of clothes before I can go shoping again Its becoming a SICKness
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 1:08pm
I found a clearance Dillard's here I git some Calvin Klein and Antonio Melani dresses not a dress over $40.00
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:02pm
I bought a like new L.K. Bennett leopard blouse for 7 bucks. 
vida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:48pm

found these goodies thrifting a few months back, I wear the bracelet a lot I have yet to carry the handbags...I shop a lot so I typically hang on to things for a few months before I wear them...

Edited by vida - Dec 27 2012 at 2:53pm
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 8:31pm
Vintage sheer blouse and a Calvin Klein Zebra Tunic
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>
  Share Topic