Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

those with partners who smoke cigarettes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Hug

It is the worst addiction ever.  I quit 5/4/11 and I still crave every. single. day Cry  In traffic I'm drooling out the window at smokers next to me.... it's horrible and it is straight up addiction.  Period.  As a cardiac nurse I know full well the effects of cigarette smoking but that doesn't stop you from wanting it.  

What's his sign?  I'm a bull and we are stubborn as hell.  If he's anything like me quitting will be on his terms period.  Does he have any big dates coming up?  I quit before the night before I turned 30.  Didn't want to bring a 17-year habit into another decade.  Pick a date with him.  He will naturally taper down as the date approaches.  Good luck and damn.  I want a cigarette right now.  You beat it one craving at a time......

Congratulations!

Nope, no important dates. He tried to quit before the baby was born and nope! He's an Aries (I'm a capricorn, which is a whole different set of problems) and I he is a true Aries male. I think he has an Aquarius rising too.

Sponsored Links

HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I don't date people who smoke.
Major deal breaker for me.
I will never kiss or phuck you cuz I ain't getting close to you.
That shyt is disgusting and gives me a headache.

This.

I'll never forget the guy who lied about it. Its something I always ask in the beginning and he said he does not smoke. Every time I went to see him he would disappear out to his balcony for 20 damn minutes. EVERY TIME. I finally decided to spy on him and he's out there lighting up a damn cigg. I was livid. He gave me the speech about me not being his mother or his doctor and to accept him as he is.

Yea I dumped him, the relationship sucked anyway.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I don't date people who smoke.
Major deal breaker for me.
I will never kiss or phuck you cuz I ain't getting close to you.
That shyt is disgusting and gives me a headache.

This.

I'll never forget the guy who lied about it. Its something I always ask in the beginning and he said he does not smoke. Every time I went to see him he would disappear out to his balcony for 20 damn minutes. EVERY TIME. I finally decided to spy on him and he's out there lighting up a damn cigg. I was livid. He gave me the speech about me not being his mother or his doctor and to accept him as he is.

Yea I dumped him, the relationship sucked anyway.

I kissed someone with cigarette mouth in the past......and it was dry and stinky.....I will never do that again.....DeadSick
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

would yall leave your spouse if s/he started smoking?

I dumped a guy after I found out. I suspected that he did but he denied it and blamed the smell on his brother and cousin. He had to go. 

my girl's husband told her he'd quit but used to try to smoke around me thinking I wouldn't tell her.

It's funny to me when smokers lie about smoking as if that smell isn't detectable. No sprays or perfume/cologne/breath mints can camouflage it.  I bet he thought he'd lie and tell her that the smell must have gotten on his clothes when I was smokiing in the car  while he was dropping me off LOL.  He didn't know I would have already called her to report before he even put the car in reverse.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 09 2014 at 6:25pm
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:05pm
Yea my uncle picked up smoking again he quit after 20+ years and he thought we wouldnt notice lmao oh so you just going outside to check on the dogs huh every hour on the hour huh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:09pm
when people go outside to sneak a smoke lol, don't yall smell it immediately when they return? I think the smell is very detectable to non smokers.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 09 2014 at 7:10pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:12pm
I wasn't really bothered by the smell at a distance though. I used to go out w/ the smokers to chat sometime at the office.**
I don't want to be exchanging saliva with a smoker tho lol.

**That was back then, nowadays I don't   even want to be around it.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 09 2014 at 7:12pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:13pm
I sincerely hope he's able to quit, Creole.
I'm sure you know all the reasons he should.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:24pm
I cant deal with it. My ex lied about smoking weed. He told me he quite for 7 months. I saw him for the first time since meeting and he hugged me and smelled of weed...I pulled back and said, you lying ass bitch. Smokers swear its not in their clothes... or yours. Confused He looked confused but laughed. I said I thought you said you quit. He meant generally.

Quit is both present and past tense Sleepy He had to smoke before getting to my house and after leaving. If he spent the night, he was banished to the bathroom... sweating out his edges in the summer but idgaf. If I was at his house it was sudden death. I usually won
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic