Topic ClosedThose Who Flat-Iron Their Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Mz.TiNg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 6:21pm
whooops...I don't flat iron my hair, so disregard my comments!! I press then curl, but it LOOKS like it's flat-ironed.
Sponsored Links

Sassy&Relaxed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 10:10am
I use Proclaim Glossing Polish Color and Heat Protection. 
grimmy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 1:41am
i swear by hollywood beauty carrot oil. my hair was the prettiest, shiniest, healthiest, and lasted the longest when i was using this regularly. i tried the HB olive oil and tea tree oil too, but i found that the olive oil was only good for shine and the tea tree oil was only good when i put it in my shampoo (left my scalp really fresh!)

also, silk n shine straighten poliser treated my hair very nice, too! my hair got the straightest it's been in a long time when i used this, but my scalp was dry because i couldn't really grease my scalp with it.
SoSassyDiva01 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 7:41am

lately i've been using motions thermal spray ( before flatironing). Its pretty good and has a nice smell to it ..

TheONly1forME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 7:52pm
I have natural 4a hair.... when I flat iron my hair it looks likely freshly permed hair only more healthier... When I flat iron I shampoo with Pantene Pro-V or Redken two times. After I'm done shampooing I deep condition my hair with Africa's best hair mayonaise, chi conditioner, and pantene pro-v conditioner. I soak my hair in these three conditioners and comb the conditioner through my hair and pile my hair on my head and put a plastic cap on my hair for an hour. I then rinse and put aphogee pro-vitamin leave in conditioner, aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer, aphogee style and Wrap Mousee(heat protectent) and Chi silk infusion. I then allow my hair to air dry and then blow dry my roots out. After my hair has been blowdried I straighten it in small pieces with Chi Iron guard...and this is the product.....

http://public.fotki.com/naturallyme33/
The_Wax_Poetic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 8:56pm
I use Chi Silk Infusion and IC Straightening spray. It's usually one or the other, but with the way I've been washing my hair lately, I've only been blowdrying it out with chi and It's been getting pretty straight almost like I pressed it out at home.
soglambitious View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 5:25pm
I use sooo much product! lol. I know a lot of people don't like to use a whole lot of product because they claim it burns the hair, but if my hair isn't properly moisturized and sealed before straightening the strands get entirely too dry and the style looks puffy and dull.

After rinsing out my DC, I put some CON leave-in conditioner and seal with an oil of my choice. Then I thoroughly coat the hair with Silk Elements heat protectant (LOVE THIS STUFF). If needed I may also add a dab of one of the Profectiv hair butters (just to my ends). After all that I blowdry.

Once the hair is dry I add a bit more oil as needed and add a little more heat protectant before I proceed with flat ironing. After the hair is styled I may spray on a bit of Luster's Pink Glossing Spray for more moisture and shine.

Edited by soglambitious - Nov 29 2009 at 5:31pm
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 5:59pm

i usually put some conditioner in my hair before flat ironing it or i put some type of oil in my hair but i flat iron my hair while its still wet so it can be extra straight and it works to but you have to be careful not to burn your hair off

Mrs.B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 6:42pm
I'm not flatironing again. I've used the fantasia (pink bottle) and megasilk. Mega silk I used and like but the flatiron I used got my hair so straight that now it's stuck in that silky straight look. The fantasia didn't work IMO.
grimmy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2009 at 1:28am
right after i wash it, i use some kind of leave in conditioner (either motions leave in spray or cantu leave in cream cond't)

then i blow dry my hair, part it, dab a little Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil on my scalp for moisture and then i put a little on the section of hair before i flat iron it. i can go about 3 weeks-4 weeks tops- with this stuff. humidity and light rain-proof!

the carrot oil completely eliminated my split ends and my friends and family are alway telling me how much they love my hair when i use it Star

it's $3.29 in CVS for a small bottle, but the bottles last me for months. for a while, i couldn't find it ANYWHERE and you could really tell by my hair but once i found it again i almost bought 4 bottles lol i bought 2 and ended up giving one to my folks back home and let me tell you this: if it kept my mama's hair straight for a week even when she got it rained on, it's something serious. i swear by Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil!

ps-- i used Smooth 'N Shine SILK 'N SLEEK Straighten Polish when i didn't have my carrot oil and it got my hair really straight, featherlike, and really soft, too! it didn't moisturize my hair or scalp so i quit using it... but if you used it with some kind of oil or grease on your scalp i think it would work magic!

Edited by grimmy - Dec 13 2009 at 1:37am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic