FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thomasadrianna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Yep! At one point, they tried to say we couldn't use a comb!! LOL But, folks petitioned because how can you part hair, braid, etc without a darn comb?!! Maryland is more strict than DC and VA. VA doesn't care as they no longer regulate natural hair care. The natural hair care course is 7 weeks.

Not trying to be funny but I remember my mom using a crochet/knitting needle when she couldn't find a rat tail comb when I was little and I read somewhere that folks was using a plastic fork.
Sponsored Links

shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Geminigirl Geminigirl wrote:

Originally posted by lambdoll lambdoll wrote:

does anyone know about teasedblackpearlz aka tiarra monet being licensed? because i couldnt get a straight answer out of her.

if you couldn't get a straight answer then chances are no. I mean if your licensed you would say so it's not a secret right?

the thing is she works in a salon, or at least a
place that she goes separate from her home to work
on clients and im pretty sure they are made to
believe that she has a license, cuz she definitely has
them paying licensed cosmetologist prices

yea I get that but you dont have be liscened to do certain things like braid or cornrow. sometimes thats how some girls get there foot in the door. another thing you can do is work for free for like two years and get your liscene. its called an apprenticeship. either way you should be able to find out if someone is liscened but, again if someone ask you wouldnt you just answer if your not hiding anything?
ask a real stylist about it and I bet you would get a straight answer.

You can check to see if someone has a license. It's public info. Must know their full name. That's it.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 11:49am
Ohh by the way Shantel75 Thanks for sending me the sample of that Jace hair. Now I see what the fuss is all about!!!!
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Ohh by the way Shantel75 Thanks for sending me the sample of that Jace hair. Now I see what the fuss is all about!!!!

Glad you received the package. I love the color and texture. You like?
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Glad you received the package. I love the color and texture. You like?

Love love love it will just be hard to find a closure to match.
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:44pm

Originally posted by Tfisher214 Tfisher214 wrote:

I don't like getting my hair done in houses but we see she has skills so I wouldn't mind letting her do my hair if I was in her area and I saw some of her work.

Why not? if you don't mind me asking...

Nope don't mind. When my mom used to take me to get my hair braided in houses when I was younger it was fine. As an adult when I took myself...no bueno. I had an issue with a chick in Dallas TX told me she could do Sengelese twists. Ripped me off. Then when I got the monkey pubic hair from the whore on this site, I went to a house to get it installed. Not only did the chick live in the hood and lied to me about it. BUt her house smelled like piss. She had tumble weave every where and then she jacked my hair up and laughed. Now when you go to a house there is nothing you can do but just take the loss if you get ripped off. That's why really. I got ripped off both time I chose me a craigslist hood bish and never again will I. NOW if someone like TA is doing hair or someone that I can see their work, someone I know has gone to them and recommends them I would give it a try but just to be going to people's houses to get my hair done I won't do anymore.  I prefer to do my own hair anyways. It comes out better. The first sew in I ever did, came out better then the chick who sewed that chewed up hair into my head.

The only thing I may consider is letting someone braid my hair from their house and it would be regular braids no twists.

To the bolded Clap Exactly how I feel. A lot of these chicks working out of their homes where I live are SUPER unprofessional, and know that you can't do anything about it if you don't like their work. But that's also the risk you assume when going to a "kitchen stylist." Some are awesome, but it's a toss up
lildeevah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildeevah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 2:41pm

does anyone know about teasedblackpearlz aka tiarra monet being licensed? because i couldnt get a straight answer out of her.

I don't know if she's licensed but as of right now she is not working in a salon.  She did my latest install and I love it.  I think she did work at a salon a one point in time so she may very well be licensed.

Either way, she does good work and I would definitely go back to her again. 
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 5:02pm
I got burned twice, thats enough for me. I learned my lesson and will just keep doing my own hair.
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Originally posted by Tfisher214 Tfisher214 wrote:

I don't like
getting my hair done in houses but we see she has skills so I wouldn't
mind letting her do my hair if I was in her area and I saw some of her
work.

Why not? if you don't mind me asking...

Nope don't mind. When my mom used to take me to get
my hair braided in houses when I was younger it was fine. As an adult
when I took myself...no bueno. I had an issue with a chick in Dallas TX
told me she could do Sengelese twists. Ripped me off. Then when I got
the monkey pubic hair from the whore on this site, I went to a house to
get it installed. Not only did the chick live in the hood and lied to me
about it. BUt her house smelled like piss. She had tumble weave every
where and then she jacked my hair up and laughed. Now when you go to a house there is nothing you can do but just take the loss if you get ripped off. That's why really.
I got ripped off both time I chose me a craigslist hood bish and never
again will I. NOW if someone like TA is doing hair or someone that I can
see their work, someone I know has gone to them and
recommends them I
would give it a try but just to be going to people's houses to get my
hair done I won't do anymore.  I prefer to do my own hair anyways. It
comes out better. The first sew in I ever did, came out better then the
chick who sewed that chewed up hair into my head.

The only thing I may consider is letting someone braid my hair from their house and it would be regular braids no twists.

To the bolded Clap
Exactly how I feel. A lot of these chicks working out of their homes
where I live are SUPER unprofessional, and know that you can't do
anything about it if you don't like their work. But that's also the risk you assume when going to a "kitchen stylist." Some are awesome, but it's a toss up
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 6:01pm
I had a house do....he came to my apartment and did my hair. For $75 full install he did an ok job. His braid pattern I didn't like. But the install...install...curl and cut was niceeee.
lambdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lambdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 6:20pm

if you couldn't get a straight answer then chances are no. I mean if your licensed you would say so it's not a secret right?

the thing is she works in a salon, or at least a
place that she goes separate from her home to work
on clients and im pretty sure they are made to
believe that she has a license, cuz she definitely has
them paying licensed cosmetologist prices

yea I get that but you dont have be liscened to do certain things like braid or cornrow. sometimes thats how some girls get there foot in the door. another thing you can do is work for free for like two years and get your liscene. its called an apprenticeship. either way you should be able to find out if someone is liscened but, again if someone ask you wouldnt you just answer if your not hiding anything?
ask a real stylist about it and I bet you would get a straight answer.

You can check to see if someone has a license. It's public info. Must know their full name. That's it.
funny thing is that i have done all of those things, the only reason it came up is because i am in cosmo school and we had just covered the section of legalities and licensing, and i happened to one day on instagram see that she was taking clients, had an assistant who braids for her and a personal assistant etc,. i have been subscribed to her a long time on YT and i just had never heard her mention being a cosmetologist so i asked her on IG what school did you go to because im currently in school and its small, i just was curious to see if she chose a big name school. she danced around it by saying Cosmo school doesnt teach you black hair so it doesnt matter which school you go to.

the thing that made me go hmmm, was something an instructor said. that we are paying for our education and the right to legally do our trade.. why should someone not formally taught or licensed but guising as they are receive all of the benefits (money, recognition) of this trade but none of the financial outputs the we have to ( paying taxes, paying for education/licenses, insurance) 

do i feel that its right that she is making consumers believe she is legit if she not, hell no.
the fact that i have go to school from 8-4 everyday for almost 12 months to be licensed, and still have to keep my accounts and order and up to date, while someone who hasnt earned the right call themselves a cosmetologist makes untaxed bread, makes me a little salty.
but as she lives in NY and does affect my potential cash flow it tickles me more than anything.

i dont mind unlicensed ppl doing hair but just dont perpetrate like you are.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic