Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This white girl at work put a weave in...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

This white girl at work put a weave in...

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 146522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This white girl at work put a weave in...
    Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:12pm
Two packs of humain hair and she wants to know how to care for them so they don't get tangle, wash them and if there are any specific products she needs to use. From not having had a weave in a LONG time, I can't think of anything to say to ther. Any suggestions? I'm afraid she might end up with a bird's nest on her head by next week...
For example, should she clip/braid her sections when she washes in the shower to avoid tangling? Should she braid the weave portion at night to avoid tangling? Any products that she nees to use that are indispensable? Should she only wash the scalp? That sort of thing...
 
Thanks
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
cosmogirl View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Two packs of humain hair and she wants to know how to care for them so they don't get tangle, wash them and if there are any specific products she needs to use. From not having had a weave in a LONG time, I can't think of anything to say to ther. Any suggestions? I'm afraid she might end up with a bird's nest on her head by next week...
For example, should she clip/braid her sections when she washes in the shower to avoid tangling? Should she braid the weave portion at night to avoid tangling? Any products that she nees to use that are indispensable? Should she only wash the scalp? That sort of thing...
 
Thanks

OOoh I'm lost here. Quite a few of my white friends who attempted weaves gave up because they were so used to washing there hair so often the weave and the braid in just collapsed under the manipulation.

I'm seeing one of the girls tomorrow so I will get more details on suggestions.
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 146522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by cosmogirl cosmogirl wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Two packs of humain hair and she wants to know how to care for them so they don't get tangle, wash them and if there are any specific products she needs to use. From not having had a weave in a LONG time, I can't think of anything to say to ther. Any suggestions? I'm afraid she might end up with a bird's nest on her head by next week...
For example, should she clip/braid her sections when she washes in the shower to avoid tangling? Should she braid the weave portion at night to avoid tangling? Any products that she nees to use that are indispensable? Should she only wash the scalp? That sort of thing...
 
Thanks

OOoh I'm lost here. Quite a few of my white friends who attempted weaves gave up because they were so used to washing there hair so often the weave and the braid in just collapsed under the manipulation.

I'm seeing one of the girls tomorrow so I will get more details on suggestions.
 
That's what I'm afraid of. She waltzed in today all happy and cheerful but she might not be so happy in 3 days, LOL. Especially that it's a weave with tracks. From my recollection, you're not even supposed to sleep with the hair loose and you know white chicks ain't used to that, lol. Furthermore it's BSS human hair. She said she hopes it lasts because she paid 180$. Welp...


Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 13 2012 at 5:53pm
Back to Top
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 11 2011
Location: US-Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 105426
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:50pm
If its BSS hair, she should avoid using products unless absolutely necessary. She really should only wash it when she absolutely has to. BSS hair is coated in stuff to make it manageable. The more you wash it, the more you wash that coating off and it'll likely turn into a tangled birds nest.

I found that washing BSS hair with Silicon Mix helped a lot.

If she wants to preserve it, she should either cover her hair at night with a scarf or bonnet, At the very least, she could sleep on satin or silk pillowcases.
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 146522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

If its BSS hair, she should avoid using products unless absolutely necessary. She really should only wash it when she absolutely has to. BSS hair is coated in stuff to make it manageable. The more you wash it, the more you wash that coating off and it'll likely turn into a tangled birds nest.

I found that washing BSS hair with Silicon Mix helped a lot.

If she wants to preserve it, she should either cover her hair at night with a scarf or bonnet, At the very least, she could sleep on satin or silk pillowcases.
 
How about washing her scalp? What is she supposed to do? I've just viewed a few videos on YouTube and they show you how to detangle the length of the fake hair with conditioner and a wide-tooth comb, but no mention of the scalp (which is where you get the itchies!). Can somebody run me through the whole process on how she would at least wash her scalp in the shower carefully without tangling up the BSS hair? This girl is totally clueless and this is her first time with a sewn in weave...
 
Oh and is it called Silicon mix shampoo? If you have specifics, I'd appreciate


Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 13 2012 at 7:14pm
Back to Top
HairEmpress901 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 30 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 108
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairEmpress901 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 7:16pm
This is a good question. White women's hair tends to be alot more oily than ours thats y they have to wash their hair so often. Good luck to her
Back to Top
cosmogirl View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:27pm
I spoke to my friend at work who said she got on fine with her hair extensions but just not to go in the sea!

She might want to try watering some shampoo down in a spray bottle and aiming it at her wefts/in between the wefts but avoid vigorously rubbing them.

When she's washing her hair she should avoid rubbing the hair to much, more like a patting motion I would think to avoid the hair rubbing up or getting too tangle Ermm
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 146522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:23am
Originally posted by cosmogirl cosmogirl wrote:

I spoke to my friend at work who said she got on fine with her hair extensions but just not to go in the sea!

She might want to try watering some shampoo down in a spray bottle and aiming it at her wefts/in between the wefts but avoid vigorously rubbing them.

When she's washing her hair she should avoid rubbing the hair to much, more like a patting motion I would think to avoid the hair rubbing up or getting too tangle Ermm
 
Thanks, Cosmo! One quick question: why is it necesary to water down the shampoo? What's wrong with ordinary thick shampoo? Does it do something to the wefts?
Back to Top
LushHair_Fein View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 13 2012
Location: BHM
Status: Offline
Points: 4010
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LushHair_Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:28am
^^^
Thick shampoo is harder to rinse completely out...  May cause buildup... May itch and stink like a dog if not completely rinsed or dried...
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 146522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:46am
Originally posted by LushHair_Fein LushHair_Fein wrote:

^^^
Thick shampoo is harder to rinse completely out...  May cause buildup... May itch and stink like a dog if not completely rinsed or dried...
 LOL
Oh, I see. Thanks for the answer!  Also, can one blow dry in-between the tracks to avoid the stink or is it absolutely necessary to go under a hood dryer?


Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 16 2012 at 5:48am
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down