Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

this white girl at work put a weave in...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: this white girl at work put a weave in...
    Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:00pm
Two packs of humain hair and she wants to know how to care for them so they don't get tangle, wash them and if there are any specific products she needs to use. From not having had a weave in a LONG time, I can't think of anything to say to ther. Any suggestions? I'm afraid she might end up with a burd's nest on her head by next week...

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:18pm
I can't find a single video on You tube that shows you the whole process. It shows you how to wash and detangle the fake hair but not how to wash your scalp in the shower without tangling up the fake hair. Any help would be appreciated, as I know there are weaved up naturals on here. This chick is white, she'll most likely go in the shower and start scrubbing away like she usually does, and that spells disaster. Also, it's BSS hair, so it's not gonna look nice forever. Help, please!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:30pm
All I can say is that she can probably use a diluted shampoo in an applicator bottle and squeeze the mixture and massage it for three minutes and rinse thoroughly.  Then apply conditioner on the ends only and rinse after 5minutes.  She should use the force of the water to properly rinse each time and no smooshing allowed.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

All I can say is that she can probably use a diluted shampoo in an applicator bottle and squeeze the mixture and massage it for three minutes and rinse thoroughly.  Then apply conditioner on the ends only and rinse after 5minutes.  She should use the force of the water to properly rinse each time and no smooshing allowed.

Ok, so does she go track by track? Separate the first track in the back of the hair, keep the rest of the hair away with a duckbill clip, apply the shampoo with the applicator to the scalp part and scrub gently, then rinse?

And then do the same for the next track and so on until she reaches the top? Should she braid the hair loosely after each track is shampooed to keep it from tangling?

Should the hair be detangled before she steps into the shower and should it be wet an saturated with condtioner?

Should she use different product on the weaved hair than on her own hair?

I'm just trying to figure out a routine for her that will work...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 13 2012 at 7:40pm
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:22pm
Well how was the hair installed? Often white people get weaves that includes fusions or bonded tips - and that requires a different method of care versus a sew in which is honestly going to be more secure in the long term. So, her best bet would  be to go back to the salon who installed it and ask them for tips? Because I know with fusions, they slip out very quickly if you put too much soap or conditioners on them. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Well how was the hair installed? Often white people get weaves that includes fusions or bonded tips - and that requires a different method of care versus a sew in which is honestly going to be more secure in the long term. So, her best bet would  be to go back to the salon who installed it and ask them for tips? Because I know with fusions, they slip out very quickly if you put too much soap or conditioners on them. 

It's a traditional sew-in weave. It's just that she's never had any kind of weave before
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:44pm
Well in that case, I would treat weave hair like you would your own. Tie it down at night to keep it from tangling. Comb/brush weaves from tip to root. Depending on which hair brand she used (assuming it's BSS hair) it's best to co-wash as shampoos strip the silicone coating that's on most bss hair.

But more importantly, she shouldn't neglect her own hair, depending on how long she intends to wear it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Well in that case, I would treat weave hair like you would your own. Tie it down at night to keep it from tangling. Comb/brush weaves from tip to root. Depending on which hair brand she used (assuming it's BSS hair) it's best to co-wash as shampoos strip the silicone coating that's on most bss hair.

But more importantly, she shouldn't neglect her own hair, depending on how long she intends to wear it.

Thanks for the quick reply, Modelbusiness! From what I've gathered here, I'll tell her

1) to wash her scalp with diluted shampoo and her leave out with regular undiluted shampo, 
2) to co-wash the weaved hair, making sure it's detangled well while satured with conditioner and to also apply conditioner to the leave out

3) to braid her hair in at least two pigtails at night and tie it up.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether she should bother using deep conditioning treatments on the weaved hair...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply