Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

This QHP...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TragicBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TragicBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This QHP...
    Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 11:45am
First of all HELLO Loooooong time lurker, first time poster.
So I decided to make my first virgin hair purchase and went with the infamous QHP. I knew there would be the signature cornchip smell. But I naïvely thought that perhaps I would have a stroke of beginner's luck and It would be not that bad....
So I get my package and open it up in my bedroom. My first thought is this stuff does not smell like cornchips! There is a smell, one that I can not describe, but it was not cornchips. I got the more wave, 18-20-22. My 7 year old comes into the room and goes "It smells like somebody is cutting the grass or something in here" lol. It was like a outdoorsy type of smell. I check the hair for nits (none!) and proceed to wash and deep condition. There was minimal shedding I must say. But when that water hit the hair ya'll...FUNKY FEET ALL IN MY FACE! LMAO!!! I let the hair dry to see if the smell would go away while dry. Nope, still smell it- not as much as when wet though.
So now I am preparing t somehow eradicate this smell. At the moment, the hair is soaking in fabric softener, where it has been since yesterday afternoon. Heading to the store to get some Listerine, ACV, and febreeze.
So anything else I should add to my shopping list?
Sponsored Links

SelfMadeDiva12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelfMadeDiva12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 2:12pm
I heard that fabuloso can also get the smell out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TragicBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 7:30pm
After a 24 hour soak in pure fabric softer, no more funky feet!!! That was easier than I thought.
Hair Lover27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Lover27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 1:35pm
How do you like the hair?? I want to order some, but i'm scared they're going to send me some wack hair. Can you post pics?
malikahbanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malikahbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:45am
I want some too but sometimes they dont send the right lengths, or there are scraggly ends that have to be clipped! So hit and miss these days!
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 3:03am
that;s how it was for me too. like a month after i got it installed it started to smell
Hair Lover27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Lover27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:35pm
What did you do about the smell? That's also one of the reasons I haven't ordered.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TragicBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Hair Lover27 Hair Lover27 wrote:

How do you like the hair?? I want to order some, but i'm scared they're going to send me some wack hair. Can you post pics?

Yes I will post pics. The hair is soft. It is true to length. The weft construction is so so though, I plan to seal the wefts tomorrow. I did have a little shedding but I sure that's due to the abuse I put the hair through to get rid of that ratchet smell! The biggest con for me was after washing the hair, it lost all of the "body wave" and is more of a light natural wave now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TragicBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Hair Lover27 Hair Lover27 wrote:

What did you do about the smell? That's also one of the reasons I haven't ordered.

Soaked for 24 hours in a covered Tupperware container of fabric softener. I did not dilute the fabric softener either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TragicBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:26pm
I am thinking about ordering some Karida hair to go along with it in 12-14-16. I like big full hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic