Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

This Oughta Be Good...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 9:28am
This article is a red herring...

Such a  small ass list of billionaires (not to mention some ain't even billionaires)

And Kelly and Naomi should be put in the concubine category...

The sad thing is that Shantiqua the full-time twerker , part time head cashier at Panda Express and single mother of 2 would read this and think she has a chance at snatching her a white billionaireErmm

Sponsored Links

BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 9:34am
I dunno..I feel like if more black women were in these types of circles, then yes...this would definitely be true.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

The sad thing is that Shantiqua the full-time twerker , part time head cashier at Panda Express and single mother of 2 would read this and think she has a chance at snatching her a white billionaireErmm
Really? Your example is one thing. Then of all names to choose for your (typically white pov) stereotypically demeaning black women post huh?

Alright then.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 11:58am
The article clearly talks about a woman needing to be successful as well.

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Really? Your example is one thing. Then of all names to choose for your (typically white pov) stereotypically demeaning black women post huh?

Alright then.
Yea, really. Neka, if it don't apply, let it fly. Or is that asking for too much??? Sheesh...
Surely you don't think that only the "top shelf" and successful black women are reading this and subscribing to this mess?
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:00pm

]Yea, really. Neka, if it don't apply, let it fly. Or is that asking for too much??? Sheesh...
Surely you don't think that only the "top shelf" and successful black women are reading this and subscribing to this mess?
being that you consider yourself to be pro-black, is it asking too much that you not add to/reinforce the stereotype placed upon us on one level or another? 

and just because it doesn't apply to me, doesn't make it any less ignorant or demeaning to even just a little piece of me or of our collective whole as black women. and no, i think that all of us would like to subscribe to the theory, on one level or another,  that we too could land a financially secure man. that we all have positive attributes that make us attractive as individuals. 

not just the "top shelf" or "successful" of us. 
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:27pm
Pro black but looks down upon other blacks...aint that some sh*t lol
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Black women are too loyal sometimes....Being a ride or die chick for a niqqa who don't give two sh*ts about them....

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 3:58pm
I think if brought is down a level there is some truth to this. 

how many of us on here have had a yt co-worker hit on us? Or stare and always have "something" to say about our appearance on any given day. 
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:28pm

I used to work at the Bergdorf Goodman in NYC and this one real old white man used to always walk in with this black model chick and buy her whatever she wanted. Old girl stayed in Chanel and Dior, all the designers really. I used to think that maybe he was her adopted dad till he smacked dat ass and tongued her down in the middle of the store. Talk about some shyt that makes you wanna throw up...man yall can have that

eta: Some Wall Street dude used to ask if a white man ever ate me out. I told him to get the fukk away but ish really seems to turn white men on with their nasty asses

Edited by AmiliaCabral - Sep 09 2013 at 4:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic