Angkor Cambodian Hair

This Is why ppl dont wanna get married anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Is why ppl dont wanna get married anymore
    Posted: May 06 2013 at 8:20pm
My landlady and her husband were married forever and a day. I know she's 71 and he's older. She told me a few years  that they got married when she was in her twenties. They both seem like really chill, sweet old people and I love seeing old black couples.

I saw her today to give her my rent check and asked about him. I haven't seen him in maybe 8 months and real talk he's old. He used to sit on the stoop every Saturday to listen to young people's problems and give advice. This sweet old Jamaican lady starts cussing his name and the day he was born, calling him every bumbaclot/rastaclat/coochiehole under the sun. I'm standing there like Confused damn, sorry I said anything. She said that he was cheating with four different women, and two of them went to school with their grandchildren. I don't know if they really went to school with them or if she was just saying they were real young but I'm 27 and I went to school with two of their grandchildren Dead She threw him out in the middle of the night.

To make it even worse, he was stealing money from her and took money from her "rainy day" account.

How somebody can be so dirty after 50 years with someone he "loved" is crazy to me. They seemed like a happy husband and wife so you just never really know.

My dad left my mom two months after my 11-year-old brother passed away from neuroblastoma and we didn't see him for years. She still can't find him to get a divorce smh

Does anybody ever feel like marriage just isn't worth it?

Sponsored Links

Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 8:30pm
my marriage will be forever or else I'm going to kill somebody
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 12:43pm
Marriage isn't a life goal just like children aren't, but I am open to them coming in my path. I think people today are so focused on getting greener grasses though so successful marriages are a rarity!
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 1:42pm
That sucks but not marriages are like that, the majority are not.
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 6:26pm
I'm beginning to think marriage is just a waste of time now and days. Nobody is faithful, we are living in one fudged up a * * world it's crazy! Every time I turn around he cheating on her with her and she cheating on him with him and they are married and still living in the same household....LIKE GET A DAMN DIVORCE ALREADY and cut to the chase.....

It's sickening.....

But hey to each his or her own.....i'm on the outside looking in so I don't know the full story as to why. But I still feel it's a waste of time to get married or to remain married if your a cheater. Sleepy
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 6:50pm
i don't judge marriage based on other ppl failures that's something in life you must try for yourself.
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 7:39am
Hmmm, I'm not one of those people who thinks my life won't be fulfilled in I don't get married of have children. I'm content with not having both at the moment, but not against it either. I know married men who tried to cheat with me. NO WAY!! I know women who date married men. That's too much shucking/diving/hiding for me. I cant willingly be anyone's secret. I think now more women seems to accept the fact that "all men cheats". 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 7:08pm
I am the same - I am unconventional and marriage and kids are not for everyone. I just think society puts pressure on women to 'get married' etc. Luckily I have never been convinced. Tongue

I have friends that cheat and friends that get caught up in all sorts of unneeded crap. But that's them.

That said.. I do believe in marriage. It gets down to finding the right partner - and this has nothing to do with money. It has more to do with finding a level-head honest guy that's in the same place you are and working hard to make it work. It's a job.

Like the other poster said - don't base your marriage on other peoples (bad) marriages. Maybe that 50 year marriage was always f*** up - it's just that you could not see it.

Just try to be real/happy with yourself as you are so that you can attract a GOOD GUY (not a dog) into your life. If you don't attract this guy .. be happy on your own. This is preferable to being with a LOSER.Confused

To me the best and most important relationship you will ever have .. is the relationship that you have with yourself and .... if you find the right guy to share your life with .. all the better. But don't make it a requirement. When you do this ... you are too likely to make a poor choice of a guy. Confused

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 08 2013 at 7:18pm
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:35am
I'm only marrying when I decide I want children.not marrying just for the sake of being married.I agree, what's the point?
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 3:24am
I don't believe in marriage...unless he's bloody wealthy Evil Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>