Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

This is Business, Nothing Personal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

It depends.... 

1. Does this person have a business? Could you benefit from bartering? 

2. Are they a talker? Meaning is this someone that knows everybody? Word of Mouth is very powerful, and being friends with someone like that could be to your biggest advantage (and cheapest form of advertising). If this is case, I would definitely give them a little discount because they would bring more business my way. Im thinking something similar to a loyalty rewards program.

3. If they are just a leech....yeah cut them off. You are a business and that means you need to make a profit from your business.
The problem parents don't have businesses and there is no benefit from bartering.

Word mouth is basically how my clientele grows. With the problem parents the only thing they can say negative is I enforce my rules. I have parents that have clout and give me referrals or have helped me to receive certain credentials/grants because they know higher ups and they don't ask me to flex, bend or break rules. Hell they even give me an extra tip, bottle of wine or some other gift and talk about how underpaid I am.

So I'll say yes to #3. These parents don't get the concept of my closing times, payment due dates or sick policies.

i figured this...
Sponsored Links

iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:21pm
Mzmee I think I like how you d business. The 2 interviews is a GREAT idea for the daycare business.

Edited by iSMILE13 - Jan 18 2013 at 12:21pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

Mzmee I think I like how you d business. The 2 interviews is a GREAT idea for the daycare business.

I think so too. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

It depends.... 

2. Are they a talker? Meaning is this someone that knows everybody? Word of Mouth is very powerful, and being friends with someone like that could be to your biggest advantage (and cheapest form of advertising). If this is case, I would definitely give them a little discount because they would bring more business my way. Im thinking something similar to a loyalty rewards program.

3. If they are just a leech....yeah cut them off. You are a business and that means you need to make a profit from your business.
The problem parents don't have businesses and there is no benefit from bartering.

Word mouth is basically how my clientele grows. With the problem parents the only thing they can say negative is I enforce my rules. I have parents that have clout and give me referrals or have helped me to receive certain credentials/grants because they know higher ups and they don't ask me to flex, bend or break rules. Hell they even give me an extra tip, bottle of wine or some other gift and talk about how underpaid I am.

So I'll say yes to #3. These parents don't get the concept of my closing times, payment due dates or sick policies.

I heard a business owner say something about keeping only your "elite" clients to grow your business. Basically she was saying keep the great clients and let the others go. Even if you raise prices the good clientele won't mind because they know they are getting quality service. In your case, i'd bet if you let those slack clients go, your business would not suffer one bit. 

And  bring kids to the daycare sick? Allllhaiiilllnaw! 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:50pm
All money is not good money.

I have turned way clients because it the business was not worth it. Sometimes, these clients cost you more money in the long run. If they are not picking there kids up on time, which means that you are incurring overtime expenses, etc. Let them go !

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:53pm
I agree Rumbie
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:14pm

It depends.... 

All of this. It is important to build relationships in business but remember your only purpose is to turn a profit.
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

I think so too. 
Thanks ladies!!!

Thought of it all by myself *in my 3 year old voice*Embarrassed
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:50pm

I heard a business owner say something about keeping only your "elite" clients to grow your business. Basically she was saying keep the great clients and let the others go. Even if you raise prices the good clientele won't mind because they know they are getting quality service. In your case, i'd bet if you let those slack clients go, your business would not suffer one bit. 

And  bring kids to the daycare sick? Allllhaiiilllnaw! 
I was actually thinking of this. I told my husband I wanted to drop all dead weights and keep all my great clients. But he then told me that I'll have some rough parents but he thinks I'm the best thing in these babies life right now.

Then I pity the kids moreso loathe the parents.

But you'd be surprised what they do. The baby will be sick and they will clearly dope them up and drop them off. Once the medicine wears off, I'm calling them to pick baby up because temps flare, snot all over the place. If they don't pick up, I'm bugging the people on the contact list. This will make them seem like good upstanding parents. LOL
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

It depends.... 

All of this. It is important to build relationships in business but remember your only purpose is to turn a profit.

IA
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic