This cant be my life :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This cant be my life :(
    Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:19pm
Today I just found out my mom who is 34 almost 35 in November is dating her co-worker who is 25. He still lives with his mother,, he has no car, and has nothing going for him. I wouldn't be so mad if my mom didn't make my life hell when I was dating my ex (he was also not a good guy). Her last relationship was with an older guy who also had nothing going for him as well, I just feel like she is so hypocritical/judgmental when she is in no position to judge anyone. I feel like she hasn't been a good role model and it's really affecting my life. Am I wrong for being upset with her? We have been arguing about it all day. If it helps I am 17 btw
Sponsored Links

healthyhair42012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote healthyhair42012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:26pm
Your mom had you pretty young. I think you should cut her a little slack. She probably didn't have a chance to be young and carefree because she wanted to be the best mom she could to you. I agree with you on most points but you have to think she had to grow up as soon as she had you. Now that you are almost grown up she probably feels like it is her time to do her. She may feel more of a connection to younger men because they remind her of what she gave up.

Not trying to make it seem like you are at fault but I hope you can understand what I am saying

Edited by healthyhair42012 - Sep 16 2012 at 10:28pm
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by healthyhair42012 healthyhair42012 wrote:

Your mom had you pretty young. I think you should cut her a little slack. She probably didn't have a chance to be young and carefree because she wanted to be the best mom she could to you. I agree with you on most points but you have to think she had to grow up as soon as she had you. Now that you are almost grown up she probably feels like it is her time to do her. She may feel more of a connection to younger men because they remind her of what she gave up.

Not trying to make it seem like you are at fault but I hope you can understand what I am saying
No I understand thank you, honestly I never thought about it that way. I'm just so upset I can't think straight.

Edited by babyk94 - Sep 16 2012 at 10:32pm
Nubialady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Nubialady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:35pm
Ermm  ^^ You sure that's not your mom logged in
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:36pm
i don't blame you for feeling that way. i would feel the same way with my mom.  she is probably judgemental because she does not want you to make the same mistakes she has made/is making.  her behavior is all she knows and though she is not willing to change it, she does not want to see that for you.

you can state your peace, but unfortunately, you may also just have to accept your mom for who she is.  let the things she does show you what you don't want in your relationships or for yourself.

will you be moving on to college or out of the house anywhere after school? perhaps a change of enviornment would do you both good.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:45pm
Right now I am working and will be going to community college in the spring, I am going to have to deal with this for a while. I really thought she changed and then she goes and dates a 25 year old.
ummmok View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ummmok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:01pm
Don't go and date a 25 y/o too lol. Too old for you.

I think your mom has room for improvement. There isn't much you can say to change her mind though, I'd just let her do whatever she's going to do regardless. Just don't follow in her footsteps.

Edited by ummmok - Sep 16 2012 at 11:02pm
healthyhair42012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote healthyhair42012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Nubialady Nubialady wrote:

Ermm  ^^ You sure that's not your mom logged in

I am not her mom. I just understand what it is like to be a young mom. I had my first child at 20. It's not easy giving up your youth but the reward is soo great. She seems like a smart young lady so I know her mother is proud!
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:09pm
Thank you everyone! We we're fighting all day yesterday and I didn't know what to do. She is just so hypocritical I can't even talk to her anymore.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Wow this is interesting!! But I have a off-topic question OP. Where in Maryland do you live?? I live in Rockville.

I understand you're upset but you must let your mom live her life. And if she is making mistakes that you can clearly point out, do the smart thing and do the OPPOSITE of what she is doing. Yeah she might be hypocritical and not a good role model but use those flaws of your mother to not make the same mistakes. Don't copy and end up messed up too.

Omg I am always in Rockville! I live in Wheaton
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>