Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Thinning Hair from sew in?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinning Hair from sew in?
    Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:08pm
I just took down my sew in and my hair in so much thinner in the back. Here are some pictures of the disasterCry 

You can see it right at the nape^

Another Picture of the spot^

What can I do to get my hair back to its thickness because my hair is naturally thick and I'm about to cry because i don't know what to do !CryCryCryCry It's only the nape the rest of my hair gained thickness.
Sponsored Links

iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 3:39pm
The pictures are not showing.
SelfMadeDiva12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelfMadeDiva12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by iyawo814 iyawo814 wrote:

The pictures are not showing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 5:24pm
Ugh, the pictures are confusing lol. But without the pictures all just explain what it looks like. At the back, it is wayyy thinner than before I put the weave in. I showed it to my mom and she said it might be the type of hair i'm using for my sew ins that is ripping my hair out. I use the kalenkon( i Dont know how to spell it) hair and it's too harsh and drying to my hair. Is there any other type of hair I can use when braiding my hair with a sew in that is not so harsh?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 9:12pm
You may need to start doing pre sew in protein treatments and switch to nylon or silk thread....
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:07am
Kanekalon shouldn't be drying to your hair unless you are having an allergic reaction to the hair.  Synthetic hair does not absorb product, therefore, if you are using moisturizing products, they should directly penetrate the hair, making it moisturized.  You should try making sure the chemicals are removed from the hair before you use it for braiding.  You should also make sure that the braids and install itself is not too tight, you are using nylon thread and you are REGULARLY washing and moisturizing the hair in your braids.  Also be careful with take down. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 10:57am
Can I use any other type of hair though?
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 1:13am
Originally posted by sweetApples9 sweetApples9 wrote:

Can I use any other type of hair though?

You can use human hair if you need to. I have to whenever I get sew ins because kanekalon will break my hair since it's baby fine. And like someone else said earlier, make sure to get in those protein treatments before and after the install. It makes a whole lotta difference.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 10:16am
Yep I do a Aphogee 2 step treatment but I use Keracare Humecto instead of the moisture balance.....
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 11:34am
Are you on birth control?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply