Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

thinking about starting a hair journey.

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
beautyxkills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyxkills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinking about starting a hair journey.
    Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:51am
Hello! i'm thinking about starting a hair journey for the new year, but i really don't know where to start

right now I wear weaves, and im wondering is it better to go natural while trying to grow your hair out, or wear extensions (because of the protective style) but what i've heard is that going natural is better because you can nurture your hair? idk im confused. and im also confused on what type of products should i have in my regimine i.e (moisturizing shampoos, clarifying shampoos, conditions, oils, etc etc)

i'd love to get some advice, thanks in advice.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:33am
Ask yourself the reason you are going natural. Once you have established the reason then create a regimen to support it. For example: If you are going natural to get back to your roots you know to fall back in love with your natural God given hair, then the only way to get to know your hair and how it behaves and the products it likes, is to wear your own hair. This means not covering it up with a lace front, wig, braids or any type of  fake hair. If this is the route you choose then go on youtube and follow people who grew their hair out without the use of fake hair. This is the best healthiest way to grow your hair out, because your hair will grow out nice and thick and you will know how to work with your coil pattern.

Going the extension route is a popular route because most do not want to cut their hair or find it hard to style when growing out a relaxer. But the only way to learn how to style it is to, style your hair. So covering it up with extensions will not get you closer to your goal as quickly. But if you choose this route then look for people on youtube who may have videos which can help you. And keep in mind this is also the more expensive route unless you know how to apply extensions to your hair yourself. You can also watch youtube videos to learn how to apply your own extensions if you have the time......For many this is the easiest route because it requires less time and less bad hair days.

It does not have to be all or nothing, you can do a combination of wearing your hair and wearing extensions. To save money do some research before you spend any money also check your beauty closet, because many times we have items we can use right at home.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 6:08am
I think you should visit the natural section. The ladies there are super helpful and there is a "101 thread" there that provides a world of info.

Good luck!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic