Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:12pm
i agree, MD...i think she wants to be accepted to but it's more about her environment...if she was in another place she wouldn't feel the need to make this type of statement...there's a constant reminder of the standard in LA.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:15pm
I can't speak for everybody but I think it's similar to light skin and dark skin if I wanna take it there. You can say something about light skin or being skinny and light or skinny people will not get offended. However if you say something about fat people or dark people then you are likely to meet some resistance. 

I've seen it happen so many times on this board lol. People jumping up out of deep lurkdom to randomly cape for someone that can be wrong as hell in all aspects but you better not say anything about fat people, all else be damned.

No I'm not making subtle references to anyone but I'm just saying it's happened and they weren't even subtle about it.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:17pm
As a matter of fact people hare are more likely to get offended about fat comments than dark skin comments.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I think she wants to be accepted, but I also think she has extreme confidence...

If you've beendown Hollywood Blvd you know how busy it is... with tour buses passing every few minutes, and congested traffic most of the day...

No amount of acceptance will make you walk down that street in a bikini...only confidence takes you there.

accepted by who though??? Who needs to accept you, take your tail to work or school and live your life. If its something about YOU that you dont like then spend time working on it or don't complain or get upset about someone not accepting you for the YOU, you dont even wanna be.Confused

Why would anyone want to accepted by someone who aint checking for them?

That like getting into a all white country club, yeah they might let you in but they dont really want you there so yeah you got a membership but you feel uncomfortable.

People need to quit jumping oceans for MF that would not jump a puddle for they azz. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:21pm
tbh, i thought her saying that she was trying to lose the weight would soften y'all up a bit.  i'm not really about that "im 300 lbs and there's nothing wrong" life, but she just wants to not be treated like sh*t in the process of getting to where she wants to be.  
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i agree, MD...i think she wants to be accepted to but it's more about her environment...if she was in another place she wouldn't feel the need to make this type of statement...there's a constant reminder of the standard in LA.

Exactly!
She is a brave and highly confident woman... very admirable...

I applaud her... L.A. is no joke.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:24pm
PG, why you always go so hard against fatties? lol
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:26pm
idk some people really need to see people who look like them represented in media. idk if I do but i [am now] trying not to diminish the experience of those who really do need it. 

it's like how the McCartney chicks show was mocked bc it was about 2 big people falling in love.  but she's a successful comedian and the show is apparently good.  i am sure it was good for some people to see a big bish getting their lovin' on.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:29pm
Wait is all this directed at me? or are you just typing in general...
Im not the culprit here..

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I think she wants to be accepted, but I also think she has extreme confidence...

If you've beendown Hollywood Blvd you know how busy it is... with tour buses passing every few minutes, and congested traffic most of the day...

No amount of acceptance will make you walk down that street in a bikini...only confidence takes you there.

accepted by who though??? Who needs to accept you, take your tail to work or school and live your life. If its something about YOU that you dont like then spend time working on it or don't complain or get upset about someone not accepting you for the YOU, you dont even wanna be.Confused

Why would anyone want to accepted by someone who aint checking for them?

That like getting into a all white country club, yeah they might let you in but they dont really want you there so yeah you got a membership but you feel uncomfortable.

People need to quit jumping oceans for MF that would not jump a puddle for they azz. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:31pm
BB I dont , Im just trying to understand who she needs to be accepted by. Maybe Im weird and live my life differently but if someone doesnt like me because of my weight, hair, shoes, clothes then I dont choose to be around them. They dont have to accept or change their beliefs for me.

I have to workout,  I have even stated on here that I have been bigger before . 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
  Share Topic