Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?
    Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:31am
WOMAN TIRED OF HOLLYWOOD'S OBSESSION WITH PERFECTION

(FOX 11 - Los Angeles) A Los Angeles woman says she's tired of Hollywood's obsession with perfection.  So, she's doing something drastic right in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard to show other women that it's perfectly fine to be large and have good self esteem.

While you may or may not agree with Amani Terrell's method, no one can argue with her message of loving yourself at any size.  Amani weighs 260 pounds. She knows she has to lose weight. In the meantime, she refuses to be down on herself.  She says, "You can not seek validation from other people. This world is very cruel. You must seek validation within yourself and be kind to yourself."

Amani decided to strip down to her bikini in the very busy Hollywood Boulevard to show the world that women are beautiful at any size.   While most people had a positive reaction...some, not so much. One guy yelled that he lost his appetite. Another sarcastically called her "Precious".

i think she's awesome...i couldn't do that on a public street, especially in L.A. or Miami.  Pass me a sarong, please. ClapClap

Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:51am
first off I'm not gonna pretend to care about her health (i.e. concern trolling ) from an aesthetic perspective, her shape isn't appealing to me at all..she'd look better with less weight 

but that's not the point...I do agree with her message about loving yourself

...it's better than loathing yourself right? and hating the skin you're in cos at the end of the day, it's your body and your life

health is not just physical--mental and emotional health is important too

I haven't watched the video yet
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:54am
just based off the thumbnail...no.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:12am
Love the message and her spirit.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:32am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

just based off the thumbnail...no.
my first thought.LOL

im gonna watch it tho

idk...i spent a lot of time in hollywood and no one was thinkin about being perfect when i was there. media made it sound like that but not in real life. and another thing thats so funny is her walkin out in a bikini..ive see so many things there...from white contacts to a man in fishnets a thong and heels...(during the day) to drag queens...that her bikini means nothing really. LOL if thats what she wants to do, then more power to her...just stop layin on the ground dude thats gross. Dead

Edited by Lady ICE - Apr 03 2014 at 8:30am
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:04am
Beyonce/I was here/Beyonce
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 7:10am
Nope!

She wants kudos for eating too much food and lethargy??? Confused
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:18am
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:26am
I'm a plus size, and I'm going to say.....IMO....

This does not change anyone's perception of a plus size person. I WILL NOT WILLING MAKE MYSELF INTO A JOKE.....BY MY ACTIONS.  and I think she made a "JOKE" of the situation.

What changes people's perception of A PLUS SIZE....is being PUT together....dressing for MY SIZE, dressing in flattering styles, looking my best...being the BADDEST PLUS SIZE WOMAN, you have seen for a long time.

Also exercising, staying toned as possible, wearing the correct undergarments so you look TIGHT and TONED not rolly and jiggly.  Some people are just big boned, tall or larger size.  I come from a family where the smallest person is a size 12 and 5"9.  So I'm never going to be a size 6 just by my genes.

Walking around naked, showing ROLLS is making a JOKE of the situation.
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:30am
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd

In before the lock.

And LMFAO @ the black man" DAMN GULL"CryCryLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake