Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

think she changed anyone's perception of beauty?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:45am
The media LOVES giving overweight black women a platform. To them it's all sh1ts and giggles. By the time these women find out they're being played...it's too late :(

If this sista does anything else after this stint (workshops, guest speaking, seminars, a book, sumthin) I'll take her seriously. 
Sponsored Links

ppp38 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:10am
People should love themselves, the problem with morbidly obese people selling the message of "Love yourself" is that loving  yourself implies taking good care of yourself and your health. 
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Nope!

She wants kudos for eating too much food and lethargy??? Confused

are we all really that dense? these aren't the only ways people get big.

Edited by csungrl09 - Apr 03 2014 at 9:57am
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:04am
i just couldnt get over her laying on that NASTY walk of shame.  yuck
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:08am
I'm more bothered by her laying on that nasty ass public ground than anything.

It's honestly pointless. I don't see how doing things like this would make someone magically have  epiphany and let you just live your life. It's more of an attention grab than anything.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:09am
Im here for this.

I meannn...i really appreciate her attitudeHeart

Im all for people who dgaf about anyone's opinion about them (in a good way) 

She knows she's big and she's trying to lose weight, but love her body while she's doing it. This is good.

I got scared at first before i clickedLOL........but she's big and "fat fortunate" imo.

I wish she would have done this while I was out there lol if I passed her up I would have smiled at her.

Love her confidence. I know for a fact it took A LOT to do that in Los Angeles and ESPECIALLY on Hollywood Boulevard. Geez.Clap

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 03 2014 at 10:21am
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:12am
Model.. what's fat fortunate?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:12am

And this doesnt change my perception of anything...but I can appreciate what she did.

I'm sure she probably changed somebody's perception.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Model.. what's fat fortunate?

well everybody has their definition but IMO....when you are big but dont make people cringe...

honestly i think she would have gotten a lot more negative comments/looks if she had not been fat fortunate...and a cute face...

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 03 2014 at 10:38am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:33am

beautiful at any size, I do not agree.

Clearly, skinny does not = beautiful. But waves of fat is not a beautiful thing to look at (eg. 400 lbs). 

*260 isnt horrible, on a larger frame.

Good for her, trying to get healthy and being happy at the same time....as for the public display...no.....

I like her name btw

Edited by Wildfire - Apr 03 2014 at 10:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic