Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things bad braiders do...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things bad braiders do...
    Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:26am
I love braiding my hair to retain length and make my routine more manageable. But it's so unfortunate when the people who braid your hair pay more attention to the synthetic hair than to your very own hair which you are trying to keep healthy. Share some of your 'bad braider' experiences here. I'll start...
You know when your hair is being braided and some stray neigbouring hairs end up in the braid half way through? When I braid my hair myself and that happens, I unbraid slowly, slide out the hair and rebraid. But what this braider does? She rips the hair out. RIPS!!! I told her to stop and she started doing it faster hoping I wouldn't notice. And it's not like it just happened on a few braids. It happened on A LOT! I just prayed it wasn't bad. Now that I've unbraided my hair, when I tie it, I see lots of short hairs standing up through the rest of my hair. Sigh. I'm so scared to go back to braiding with her. She does my hair for free though. Oh what to do :(
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:28am
Girl.....Sometimes those braiders burn the hairs sticking out. I've seen it done on other people and I cringe.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:56am
Honestly, things like these make me not want to ever sit in a stylists chair! 

I've never been to one, only people who've done my hair are my mother, a cousin once, and a very good family friend who's amazing with hair. 

It seems to me that most stylists don't care about the health of your hair, they just care about making it look good, likely so they can raise their client base. 
PiiNkBaYZeBrA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PiiNkBaYZeBrA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:38pm

I know what you're talking about. I hate when they try to pick through my natural hair with a skinny ass comb and I can just hear my strands popping! I do my own hair now. NOBODY touches my head but me!

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by PiiNkBaYZeBrA PiiNkBaYZeBrA wrote:

I know what you're talking about. I hate when they try to pick through my natural hair with a skinny ass comb and I can just hear my strands popping! I do my own hair now. NOBODY touches my head but me!

This...my biggest thing was people being too rough on my edges. I have (at this point) a permanent thin spot at the front of my hairline from aggressive braiders when I was in my early twenties and lived in micros.

Now I learned to do my own braiding/twisting and I would never bother going to someone else anymore. I don't yank on my hairline and I don't do tiny braids/twists. I'm a super fan of marley twists now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Girl.....Sometimes those braiders burn the hairs sticking out. I've seen it done on other people and I cringe.

OMG, you just made me realize that they used to do this to my hair when I was a kid! I wondered why they would seal the ends and then quickly run the flame through the length of the braid. Geez, this makes me so mad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:50pm
Yup, this settles it. 2013 is the last year I keep my hair in braid extensions :(...Till I figure out how to do them on myself. Lol.
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:40pm
I hate to say it.  I don't like what they call the "clean up" after they do braids.  I rather have slightly frizzy braids than to have someone cut off or burn off my real hair.  That's why I never saw any growth after wearing hair in braids for almost 2 years. I don't know why it took me that freaking long to figure it out.     I haven't had braids in almost a year, and I don't think I'll ever return to them. EVER.  But I think you'll be okay if you just tell them they can skip the clean up part.....
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:41pm
Braiders who, when they start to get lazy, do certain parts of your braids a significantly different size than what they started off doing. You expect me to pay you my money when half of my head is done in small braids and the other half is double the size of the braids you started off doing?

Also braiders who take damn near a week to get your hair finished. I have more important things to do than sit at your house 12 hours each day for a week only for you to have 1/10th of my braids in those 12 hours you were braiding my hair because you keep getting up to go outside and gossip with your home girl every five minutes or whoop your kids every 2 seconds. Exactly why I've started braiding my own hair because if I take a week to do my hair myself atleast I know why.

This doesn't have anything to do with braids per say but braiders, and stylists in general, who give you the run around when you're trying to set up an appointment.
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:08am
When they braid my hair sooo tight were I can't even feel my brain.

@Kunoichi, cute pic. What anime is that from?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>