Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thin hair and sew in weaves

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mstea112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstea112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thin hair and sew in weaves
    Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 10:14am
Smileok, so everytime i try getting just a sew in without a net the braids get so loose within a week or two, what can i do to prevent that from happening?
Sponsored Links

NaiBDatKuteMami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaiBDatKuteMami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 10:47am
Maybe try smaller braids?
kashe21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashe21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 10:53am
are you adding any bulk hair to your braids?  this helps reinforce thin hair.
smgreene67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smgreene67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by kashe21 kashe21 wrote:

This...I had thin, relaxed hair and my stylist added braid hair to my braids.  Now, I am natural and I no longer need the braid hair but I still get the net.
mstea112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstea112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 11:32am

Yes i do,im thinking maybe its because i usually get my sew ins like right after my relaxers,maybe its too straight?
mtownchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtownchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by mstea112 mstea112 wrote:

Yes i do,im thinking maybe its because i usually get my sew ins like right after my relaxers,maybe its too straight?
if your hair is that thin, then you should not get a relaxer.......
MsDLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsDLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 12:23pm
@OP In the first place hun you shouldnt be getting a relaxer and immediatly doing a sew in, it too much for your hair to take!

You should be waiting for at least 2 weeks before doing an install, that way your able to strenthen and conditon your hair after the relaxer....

Also, ask your stylist to reinforce using synthetic hair and use a net if possible, this should keep your braids secure and lengthen your installs too with a flat install..

HTH
mstea112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstea112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by MsDLO MsDLO wrote:

@OP In the first place hun you shouldnt be getting a relaxer and immediatly doing a sew in, it too much for your hair to take!You should be waiting for at least 2 weeks before doing an install, that way your able to strenthen and conditon your hair after the relaxer....Also, ask your stylist to reinforce using synthetic hair and use a net if possible, this should keep your braids secure and lengthen your installs too with a flat install..HTH
thank you sooo much! This makes a lot of sense,lol thanks ladies!
tishasheree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishasheree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2010 at 11:32am
I have thin hair too (after BKT) and my stylist adds coarse hair to the cornrows.  The cornrows are huge though with the additional hair.  How do you keep it from looking lumpy?  I only get a partial, so I can't use a net.
glow-music-sass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glow-music-sass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2010 at 11:49am
you can use a net with a partial. just cut it in the shape of the braid pattern and sew on the perimeter
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply