It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Jaydee89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: thick relaxed hair vrs under processed hair
    Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 7:18am

Hi Everyone!

I'm relatively new to taking care of my relaxed hair and just started my healthy hair journey about a month and a half ago.Tongue
I know that it's meant to be good to have thick relaxed hair but I wanna know what's the difference between under processed relaxed hair and thick relaxed hair. Ermm

Ps: Please excuse me if this is a really silly question but I’d just like to be informed.

My hair is extremely thick even when it's just been washed (and is soaking wet). It doesn't 'lay down' like many of the ladies hairs in wet length checks.  I'm 4c relaxed.

Would really appreciate your input!! Smile

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

HisDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 11:51am
I am new in the Relaxed area and had hoped to find an answer. I've been on my healthy hair journey almost 3 years and after stretching 6 months at a time then 1 year, my hair will not relax. I got a relaxer yesterday and as always as I sat under the dryer and touched, my new growth was soft curly hair. Not straight. This is using Affirm and Mizani each time going to salon. Even switched salons yesterday and same results. I didn't oil my hair or do aphogee a week before like I normally do so what gives? Is my virgin New growth THAT strong??
I'm not thread jacking just hoping that my curly after perm new growth will give you an idea of under processes. My hair is crazy thick.
Queensheba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 6:12pm
hmmm good question in 4c  relaxed and my hair has always been thick no matter if iI used a lye relaxer or not for me underprocessed is whenever iI feel ridges in my strands like zig zag textured
Jaydee89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by HisDiva HisDiva wrote:

I am new in the Relaxed area and had hoped to find an answer. I've been on my healthy hair journey almost 3 years and after stretching 6 months at a time then 1 year, my hair will not relax. I got a relaxer yesterday and as always as I sat under the dryer and touched, my new growth was soft curly hair. Not straight. This is using Affirm and Mizani each time going to salon. Even switched salons yesterday and same results. I didn't oil my hair or do aphogee a week before like I normally do so what gives? Is my virgin New growth THAT strong??
I'm not thread jacking just hoping that my curly after perm new growth will give you an idea of under processes. My hair is crazy thick.

Your hair looks great in the picture!
Don't think you have anything to worry about
Jaydee89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Queensheba Queensheba wrote:

hmmm good question in 4c  relaxed and my hair has always been thick no matter if iI used a lye relaxer or not for me underprocessed is whenever iI feel ridges in my strands like zig zag textured

Maybe that's the case with me too seeing as i'm also 4c/4z relaxed.
Do you manage to get your hair to the flowly/moveable silky hair texture when blowdried/flat ironed? This seems to be one of my biggest issues. So far the best i've been able to get it was when I went to a hair salon and I so bady wanna just be able to do my hair by myself at home
Misha300 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Jaydee89 Jaydee89 wrote:

Originally posted by Queensheba Queensheba wrote:

Maybe that's the case with me too seeing as i'm also 4c/4z relaxed.
Do you manage to get your hair to the flowly/moveable silky hair texture when blowdried/flat ironed? This seems to be one of my biggest issues. So far the best i've been able to get it was when I went to a hair salon and I so bady wanna just be able to do my hair by myself at home

Try motion's weightless detangling conditioner to get the flowy/moveable hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic