BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Thick lace help?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick lace help?!
    Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:22pm
Hi Ladies,

Just got this Curly lace wig from kingmehair.com. LOVE the hair but not sure how I feel about this lace. It's my first lace wig but I don't think lace is supposed to be this thick! I've tried elastic, bobby pins. How can I make it lay flat!! Also, is there a way to dye the lace? The lace is too light and I have to apply way too much concealer to try and blend it. Pics below. Help a lace newbie out. Thanks!

Here you can see how i tried to blend it but you can still see the lace. I have to keep a little hair out to make it look half way decent. Below you will see the hot mess that is the lace. Angry

Sponsored Links

melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:23pm
Sorry meant to say the lace is too DARK. I have to lighten it.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:46pm
I'm not really sure how to lighten it other than concealer. The hair IS GORGEOUS though.
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 3:20pm
Right?! It is nice hair. I would still recommend the brand..I just hope they develop more options for their lace. Any tips on how to make the lace lay flat? I appreciate it. Thanks!
JadaReign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadaReign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:41pm
I hear people use Rit dye or tea to dye the lace darker maybe u can try that. As for getting the wig to lay flat, are you placing the wig right behind your hair line? I don't know any other methods for that besides the ones u mentioned. Does the cap come with combs/adjustable straps?
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:09pm
I'm placing it slightly behind my hair line. I can try pulling it all the way up to see of that helps. I will look into the dye.
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:19pm
From what I see , you may have over bleached and damaged the knots, because the part appear to to wide. Also is the cap a little to big? Because that is the only reason I can think of lace not laying flat, I am old school ,so I still use the glue, and I have bought larger size unit , but when I , glue my nap ,I fold a peace over , so it's a snug fit and lay flat , you can alter the lace like sewing specific parts to cater to your head , I fold over the lace , around my ear area and sew the lace, because for some reason, the lace irritate my ears, but I don't use adhesive in that area , are you using a wig cap under the lace?that can help also with the color, be careful with rit dye , good luck
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 3:22pm
Thanks! It's very likely that I just jacked this thing up. I tried to tweeze the side part so that's why its so big on that side. The middle is not so bad. I've never used bleach. All you see there is concealer actually. I will try folding it..I REALLY want to avoid using glue. Does the glue pull your hair out? How easy is it to take on and off?

Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

From what I see , you may have over bleached and damaged the knots, because the part appear to to wide. Also is the cap a little to big? Because that is the only reason I can think of lace not laying flat, I am old school ,so I still use the glue, and I have bought larger size unit , but when I , glue my nap ,I fold a peace over , so it's a snug fit and lay flat , you can alter the lace like sewing specific parts to cater to your head , I fold over the lace , around my ear area and sew the lace, because for some reason, the lace irritate my ears, but I don't use adhesive in that area , are you using a wig cap under the lace?that can help also with the color, be careful with rit dye , good luck
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:34pm
Hi,if you apply the glue correctly, it should not, but a lot of ladies, use the Tootsie Mom Method,which is elastic, sewn into the lace, There is Thread dedicated to this, but if you chose to use glue, and want to remove, Direct also sells a product, that helps get the glue out of your hair,As for the glue on the lace, I use C-22 from "Direct Hair* and the Mirror slide, whereas, you spray C-22 on the lace, that has glue on it, and let it sit for a little, and then use a Mirror to remove the glue,basically rub the lace unto the Mirror, Presto and the glue is off the lace, You can also use Got to be Glued, as an adhesive, I don't think you mess up the wig, I just think you need practice more, and do more research on here, there is Tons of info on here.
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 3:58pm
Thanks so much. This is helpful. Think I will try the glue this one time since I damaged the lace :(
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic